What are your Top 5 prep items you would like in a retail store?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by AllTrades, Feb 2, 2016.

1. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

60 life straws or tatical flashlights won't be of much value to me when the SHTF, 60#10 cans of wheat is a different matter. That's why our little "pantry" will only sell food. We have the other stuff.

2. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@T. Riley
    Locally we have a few brick and mortar stores that sell a variety of natural foods and hard to get natural food items. We shop there as it is convenient. Plus, it is a lot easier to purchase certain items right now as compared to ordering online.

No, IMO they won't be of much use. Tact-i-cool stuff has little use; at least in my opinion.
    The only use for high output flashlights we have is to see if the deer are eating corn before we let the Pitts out. The yard is fenced; however, the noise is horrendous.

We have the other "stuff" also. I am blessed with a wife who sees matters the same as I do.

T. Riley likes this.
  3. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Mine finally came around a year ago. She looks for stuff she thinks we will need and surprises me with it. Like it or not, need it or not, she gets a big thank you.

oldawg likes this.
  4. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

@T. Riley
    Ditto and it is a good thing. It needs to be a team. We both contribute to almost everything and I take care of the "toys" and toy food departments.
    I involve her and she involves me. 2 Corinthians 6:14 applies more than to just unbelievers; n'est-ce pas?

Tonight we went through next Spring's plantings.

T. Riley likes this.
  5. AllTrades

AllTrades Monkey

Thank you all for your responses, gonna take this advice seriously.

6. AllTrades

AllTrades Monkey

Great advice, I was thinking of something very similar; doing classes on the the weekends with different pieces of gear so people could get their hands on the merchandise and try it out before they buy.

7. AllTrades

AllTrades Monkey

Agreed.

Tikka likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7