1. The Topic of the Month for April 2017 is "Store what you use, use what you store." Please join the discussion on the Survival Topic of the Month forum.

what do I need for this sanerio

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ezmoney, Feb 7, 2012.

1. ezmoney

ezmoney Monkey+

I drive a tractor trailor and am home every night about 450 miles round trip. I want to carry what I need to survive till I can get back home if things go south. Is there some type of list out there a person can look at and decide what he wants to take on the road on a dayley bases.

2. limpingbear

limpingbear future cancer survivor....

do a search on BOB or GHB (bug out bag and get home bag) there are a few threads about it and i know there are a few that have bag contents listed. go off of that and modify to meet your own needs.

3. Midnightblue72

Midnightblue72 Monkey+

Is the scenario, you have no mechanized transport? Is it a SHTF scenario? Is it a natural disaster scenario like massive storm/earthquake/civil unrest etc? All of this can play a role in your BOB including weight and amount needed. Do you have a sleeper cab? preparing has SO many variables that I feel you need the basics and then add more as you address fundamental needs.

I tend go heavy with a plan to jettison any unnecessary cargo, if the situation arises.

4. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7