what do I need for this sanerio

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ezmoney, Feb 7, 2012.

1. ezmoney

ezmoney Monkey+

I drive a tractor trailor and am home every night about 450 miles round trip. I want to carry what I need to survive till I can get back home if things go south. Is there some type of list out there a person can look at and decide what he wants to take on the road on a dayley bases.

2. limpingbear

limpingbear future cancer survivor....

do a search on BOB or GHB (bug out bag and get home bag) there are a few threads about it and i know there are a few that have bag contents listed. go off of that and modify to meet your own needs.

3. Midnightblue72

Midnightblue72 Monkey++

Is the scenario, you have no mechanized transport? Is it a SHTF scenario? Is it a natural disaster scenario like massive storm/earthquake/civil unrest etc? All of this can play a role in your BoB including weight and amount needed. Do you have a sleeper cab? preparing has SO many variables that I feel you need the basics and then add more as you address fundamental needs.

I tend go heavy with a plan to jettison any unnecessary cargo, if the situation arises.

4. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7