What do you (EDC) carry ?

Discussion in 'Blades' started by bladefrenzy, Jun 4, 2011.

Tags:
  1. bladefrenzy

bladefrenzy Monkey+++

I'm kind of a knife knut and curious what blades you guys carry and use most of the time ? I like high tech folders but use my fixed blades more and prefer them simple and tough. Carbon steel , full flat grinds and comfy handles.

2. beast

beast backwoodsman

16 inch homemade bowie and my machete

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

4. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

I either carry a Spyderco Manix (the first big one... not this new fangled one they have) or I carry the one in my avatar
    <---

AmericanRedoubt1776 likes this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

AmericanRedoubt1776 likes this.
  6. bladefrenzy

bladefrenzy Monkey+++

I see I'm not the only Chopper fan here !
    I like Mora's too, especially the Triflex Craftsman. I like putting handles on there bare blades too.
    Hispeed2 , what is that knife in your avatar ?

7. NOWHITEFLAG

NOWHITEFLAG Live Free or Die Trying

I have a Gerber Gator Combo Ax in my gear bag in the car.
    I have a old single blade (Lg) folding "Old Timer". (15 years)
    I have a med-length fixed blade "Buck". I have had for about 25 years.

No white Flag Above My Door
    Daveeds

8. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I have a couple of old Buck knives and a 1970s Browning folder; however, usually a CRK&T Crawford Kasper.

9. goinpostal

goinpostal Monkey+++

Untill yesterday.My EDC was a crappy S&W Special Ops folder.The tip broke off when I stuck it into a piece of wood.My other carry knives are a matched pair of 3"bladed M-Tech boot knives,and a cheap M-Tech folder.All three take,keep,and hold a razor sharp edge.Matt

10. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Just a simple Gerber folder for every day use. Tactically it is my last resort--am a gun nut first. No sense letting them get close enough to use a K nifey on you. Hunting I carry a little Buck sheath that is razor sharp. Keep a fighting knife(double edged) in the BOB along side a RAT 7, Machete strapped onto the side of the bag.

11. Wintermute

Wintermute Monkey+

Living in the UK with our ridiculous laws it's very tough to EDC blades.

Still, I love my Spiderco UKPK and wont leave home without it!

12. Falcon15

Falcon15 Falco Peregrinus

Wintermute, I have your Turing code.

I carry two KaBar knives. One a pocket folder and the other a Agama belt knife.

Wintermute likes this.
  13. Bison_Forge

Bison_Forge Aspiring Knifemaker

Kershaw Nerve is my current TFK.

14. Huntinbull

Huntinbull Monkey+

Depending

I carry a Kershaw Leek (designed by Ken Onion) for my EDCK.

I have a couple in my hunting pack. They include a cheap Ozark Trail fixed blade from the communist department store (WM). A knife called a Flip N Zip (in blaze orange) from Outdoor Edge. Also a folding filet and boning knife from Outdoor Edge.

I carry a prototype of the current U.S. bayonet in my BOB. This was given to me by a dear friend who had been a Master Gunnery Sgt. at Camp Pendelton when they were testing these. It is made by Buck and is a numbered unit from the prototypes given for testing. Great blade and with the sheath is a very handy tool.

Trying to figure out how to post pics.

15. Huntinbull

Huntinbull Monkey+

Here is a pic of my EDCK. Must say that I am impressed with the availability of help on this site. Found help for uploading pics in no time.
    Daily carry, Leek.JPG

16. Huntinbull

Huntinbull Monkey+

Hunting Knives

Here are the knives I carry in my hunting pack. My hunting pack is pretty much a woods only BOB. Carry a simple survival kit, steel bottle, first aid kit, etc. It is a "walk away" bag. I can grab just it and walk away for a while.
    Hunting pack knives.JPG

17. Yoldering

Yoldering Monkey+++

I carry an original Schrade Avatar with me every day. I was really sad when Schrade closed their doors and sold out to China...I hope it lasts!
    [FONT=verdana, helvetica, arial]
    [/FONT]

18. craneje

craneje Monkey+

My right front pocket ALWAYS has my Victorinox in it. I forget the specific model name, but it has the four basic blades plus sissors on top, cork screw with eyeglass screwdriver in it, as well as awl and a hook thingie on the back. I've had it so long that the white outlined shield and cross on the handle has completely worn off. There's not a day goes by that I don't use it for something. My BOB contains an Air Force survival knife (first developed for the original 7 astronauts) and a Victorinox Champ. A Marine Corps Ka-bar hangs on my pistol belt.

19. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

My classic Remington 1128 two-blade folder is my constant companion - always in my belt pouch, right next to the cell phone.
    In the field, it is accompanied by either a KABAR or a 5" Tanto knife. The Tanto has been used as a chisel to open two Russian steel ammo spam cans - and still had an excellent edge - NO damage. Best 'cheap' knife I ever bought.
    For chopping duties, I carry a small hatchet (Marbles Safety Hatchet lately) but have just gotten the Gerber Gator.

20. craftypoppa

craftypoppa George

I carry a Falcon rescue style knife. I am a fire fighter/ medical first responder so having the belt cutter and window punch are handy for me. Also carry an old swiss army knife I have had for years, its functional for what I do and kinda of sentimental too.

1. Hanzo
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Coyote Ridge
  5. Coyote Ridge
  6. 3M-TA3
  7. GOG
  8. JLRhiner
  9. Hanzo
  10. Hanzo
  11. Andy the Aussie
    ...it's my excuse anyway... ;) [IMG] [IMG]