what is your favorite survival tool?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by sec_monkey, May 7, 2017.

1. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

what is your favorite survival tool?

2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

My boots. They'll get me out of trouble if all else fails.

Ura-Ki, Yard Dart, Tully Mars and 2 others like this.
  3. Out in the woods

Out in the woods off-grid in-the-forest beekeeper

I have two.
    Miniature shovels, no folding parts that rattle in your backpack, good for frogging.
    machetes, for campsite firewood and shelter, also for igloo snow block carving.

4. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

Bear Grylls, major tool. Oh, you meant an actual tool.

5. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

[LMAO] (y)

Tully Mars and UncleMorgan like this.
  6. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

upload_2017-5-8_0-19-40.

Never let me down.

Ganado, Oltymer, snake6264 and 2 others like this.
  7. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The Head, that sits on my shoulders.... I would be lost without it....

8. azrancher

azrancher Monkey +++

I was going to say that... my brain, I will need to out think the competition, and it will be a competition, much like a chess game, may have to sacrifice some pawns to win.

Rancher

9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

A deeply ingrained commitment to not quitting.

Gator 45/70, Ganado, VisuTrac and 3 others like this.
  10. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

11. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

My brain. Unlike liberals I am never with out it.

Motomom34 likes this.
  12. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

A BRAIN, AND A PLAN, subject to change with out notice, or permission written or implied!

Gray Wolf and sec_monkey like this.
  13. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

14. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

This is an easy one: My Leatherman tool.

sec_monkey likes this.
  15. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

I would not use any other brand because of how I was, and have been treated by them, and the value this company puts in it's customers and the quality of it's products and its warranty! They gave me one of the very first of this tool and asked for my professional opinion of it, and after making changes to the design (which I had mentioned) they sent me and my entire squadron one of these tools for each and every one of us, and a really nice video disk from every one at the Leatherman Tool Company thanking us for our service, and wished us to keep the tools after our service ended, and like every tool they make, they stand behind them with out fail!!!

16. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

well things that improve my brain.... like the Monkey....

Ura-Ki likes this.
  17. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Indeed...and like any other tool, the brain must constantly be worked, sharpened and honed to a razor's edge so that it may be useful when needed...

18. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

19. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

The most significant survival advantage in my life, is God .
    Seeing to my needs, giving me guidance ,and guiding me in spite of my ignorance .
    I have had many events I know His intervention has taken place ,and has healed me over and over ,and answered my requests for the healing of others that have been put only heart/mind .
    I don't by any means manipulate God , however I do my best to find his direction ,even in simple things . .
    Be it in the woods on on the street , timing is every thing , and turning one way, or another, matter.

GrayGhost, BTPost and Tully Mars like this.
  20. Griff

Griff Monkey

I got a kick from something I read a while ago (maybe it was Mickey Spillane?) along the lines of "There's not too many of life's little problems that can't be solved with Swiss Army knife and a thirty eight." Seems like the trick is to use them to take care of the things that your fingers alone can't handle, before they turn into bigger issues that need dedicated tools. Probably add a lighter, too, but everybody and their brother smoked back then, so it was a given you'd have a match on ya.

Edited to add: Come to think of it, $20 bills have opened a lot of doors for us over the years, too.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7