What is your fighting style?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by arleigh, Oct 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I don't know if you are going to get the opportunity to stretch out before a real firefight unless the other side wants to "play fair"...
    "hey guys, can I have a do over?"...

chelloveck, UncleMorgan and Ura-Ki like this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Bubba-nezz's or
    All you will see is the bottom of my boots while I run away!

chelloveck and UncleMorgan like this.
  3. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

That's the point , on the defensive one is not normally primed for action, which is usually an ambush.
    Be it fighting man or beast it seems one must adopt a kill or be killed warrior mentality.

chelloveck and GOG like this.
  4. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

My style is called dirty gorilla style.

5. GhostX

GhostX Monkey

I used to be a student instructor for my old Tae Kwon Do school. I have 8 years under my belt but I haven't been in a dojo in over 10 years now. Those were truly some of the best years of my life, I do miss it quite a bit.

Since I'm 6' 3" and Tae Kwon Do is mostly kick boxing, I'm pretty dangerous at a distance; especially since I'm usually wearing steel toe shoes. I also know quite a few throws and grappling maneuvers as well as pins, locks and arm bars. If I'm able to find a staff, it's over. I wasn't formally trained with the staff but I could probably land 15 strikes in 5 seconds, all of which would have around 70 lbs of force behind them. I'm proficient with other weapons as well but the staff is by far my favorite weapon.

I'm also a pretty good shot with just about any kind of gun.

6. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Now that, as I'm sure all you professionals out there know, is the kind of answer you only get from a thoroughly dangerous man.

I, myself, hold high rankings in Napkido, Sissyfu, and Nonjutsu, but I have developed a high tolerance to Iocaine powder.

arleigh, chelloveck, GOG and 3 others like this.
  7. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

Prison Shower Block Style, always fight like you are going to be killed or f%#ked against your will. Kick, bite, scratch and use any and everything available to you to win.

8. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Yup.. & if your gonna bite, pretend your a zombie tunneling for the good bits....:p

9. Olympic mountain man

Olympic mountain man just a lonely cook

FIGHT FROM 1000 PLUS YARDS LOL

10. Olympic mountain man

Olympic mountain man just a lonely cook

HAND TO HAND WITH GRIZ LOL

11. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

the Al Davis style - "JUST WIN, BABY!"

12. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

My style? One word: Unfair.
    Who said "If you find yourself in a fair fight, then your tactics suck."? Yeah, I'm going with that.

13. UncleMorgan

Hey-hey-hey! The parts you swallow are the parts they can't sew back on...

chimo and chelloveck like this.
  14. chimo

incorrect.
    1. if you don't kill me, I am going to cut you open and try to get my pieces parts back!
    2. it's only the parts that you chew thoroughly that they can't sew back on.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
  15. UncleMorgan

Good points.

So, does that mean that if you bite somebody's nose off and spit it 20 feet away, they'll immediately run over to get it?

And would they still do that if
    a) You spit it into oncoming traffic?
    and
    b) You spit it over the side of a bridge?

Then of course, there's always Option C:
    c) Spit it onto the third rail so they can either get it back cooked, or get cooked getting it back.

(OK. I am done for the day!)

16. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

I figure if I bite their liver out... they're gonna have bigger problems than where to go to "sew it back on" (in?)

17. chimo

immediately...after I end you.Yeah then I go get my pieces parts back, grumbling about what an evil a-hole you were to make it so freakin difficult to do. Just cuz we're trying to kill each other doesn't mean you can't be like civil about it....like spitting my pieces parts gently into an ice-filled chest so either I can get them back, or you can get them to the bbq pit before they go rancid. :D

18. UncleMorgan

LOL!

As long as there's mirth in mayhem, there's hope for us all!

Yard Dart likes this.
  19. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

In a post apocalyptic world it is highly unlikely that any thing will get sewn back on .
    Unless circulation is restored to that portion, it will not recover.
    The way I figure it , some one attempting to kill me, has already considered the possibility of loosing.
    It would be wrong to disappoint them.
    Secondly ,the fact that antibiotics and such will be hard to find , any injury will likely become lethal in which case ,it's best to put down a mad/injured dog than to let it suffer. Though the capacity to change can exist in a man or animal, there is no guarantee.
    On the other hand, an injured predator with any medical support is going to be absorbing their supplies to try and bring recovery .
    The problem is, if they live to fight at a different level .

20. avagdu

avagdu Monkey++

From my martial arts training as a kid, I have basic knowledge in karate and grappling. Took Muay Thai kickboxing for a few weeks before my work schedule changed. Little bit of Krav Maga but I almost passed out from the PT involved before I got to anything fun. Would like to try again work schedule permitting..

Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. oldman11
  3. Ganado
  4. Big Ron
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. DKR
  10. Motomom34
  11. enloopious