What is your fighting style?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by arleigh, Oct 1, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ssonb

ssonb Confederate American

Smile ..but have a plan to kill everyone I meet....................

Motomom34, chimo and Yard Dart like this.
  2. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

To see me ,you wouldn't think it, but I'm passive by nature.
    My situational awareness is such that I simply avoid places that typically have trouble.
    When I hunt, I'm watching my feet , my immediate area, and looking long range steadily, and even at that, been near jumped.
    When I come home at night, I scout the place before entering, to see if there has been a break in .
    SOP when you live alone, and even when some one is living with you , there are no guarantees that home invasion hasn't taken place .
    I watch out for my neighbors as well .
    Good habits may sound paranoid to others but ,I rarely (almost never) fall prey to predators .

Yard Dart likes this.
  3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

A little bit of PARANOIA, never HURT anyone.....

Yard Dart likes this.
  4. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

DirtykickacrotchpinchteatbiteanoseoffFU

5. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

ISIS is calling for lone wolf attacks much like the clown attacks going on what is your defensive strategy against a knife wheedling felon ?

6. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

laughing at him/her for bringing a knife to a gunfight as I shoot him/her.

Zen Savage and Yard Dart like this.
  7. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Not being there? Overwhelming firepower? Sword?

8. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I think I have been in more tussles than most. Trained over the years in strikes kicks counter joint chokes, sticks, knees you name it. I will never willingly engage in a hand to hand fight with anyone in a shtf situation. I will kill them before They know Im there, take there shit and leave.

I have fought a man who is in the top .5 present of humans. 6 foot 9 290 lbs. I was the fifth guy to join in trying to get him in cuffs. Let there be no doubt we were losing. I am 5 9 210 and was one of the smaller guys there. The initial two officer were 6 2 230 and 6 1 200. We won because I got behind the guy and dropped him with a taser. After a 5 11 200 officer was knocked out of the fight and decided if we did not get him he was going to shoot him.

Never fight hand to hand unless forced too then only so long as it takes to break contact and get a weapon.

BTPost, ghrit and Yard Dart like this.
  9. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I got a wake up the other day trying to help an over weight elderly friend into my truck . She weighed 250, and normally I can lift that weight but not any more.
    As I've aged and my work load is altered due to injuries. I can't if I wanted to lift what I use to 20 years ago.
    I hate to say it but a harsh reality has hit me, In the event I must act on aggression, I will be having to use assisted resistance is become a necessity not a luxury.
    "A man needs to know his limitations. " Especially as they deteriorate .

M118LR and ghrit like this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. oldman11
  3. Ganado
  4. Big Ron
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. DKR
  10. Motomom34
  11. enloopious