What Is Your Personal Every Day Carry

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Yard Dart, Aug 2, 2013.

1. Jkent

Jkent Monkey

My EDC on my person:
    Glock 19 with XS Big Dot sights.
    An Off The Grid Concepts MKI inside the waist band holster
    2 spare Glock 19 mags
    Raven Concealment open top kydex double mag pouch
    Either a S&W Shield 9mm or Bodyguard .380 (semi auto). I alternate depending on the situation.
    Spyderco folding knife.
    Fenix flashlight.
    Keys with a small folding knife and a Res-Q-Me tool attached to the ring.
    Special Operations Equipment (SOE) wallet with my cash, Police ID, Flat badge and other ID/cards.
    Pocket note book.
    Pen and pencil
    A fixed bladed Blind Horse "The Brumby" knife with an attached Ferrocerium‎ rod.
    Iphone 4 in a magpul case.
    Chapstick
    Sunblock
    An over the shoulder Fossil "Murse"

I will shortly be adding some trauma and first aid items such as a tourniquet, pressure dressing and a "Halo" type chest seal.

3M-TA3 and Yard Dart like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Welcome to the Monkey @Jkent !!

Jkent likes this.
  3. Jkent

Jkent Monkey

Thank you for the welcome. I forgot to add a very important piece of my EDC... my belt. I use a Galco SB2 sport belt. A belt is a very important but often neglected piece of EDC. The reason I use the Galco SB2 is because it is double thick, ridged enough to hold my gun and magazines as well as flexible enough to be comfortable and allow ease of movement. This is a quality belt I have no regrets about purchasing or using.

Yard Dart likes this.
  4. marlas1too

marlas1too Monkey+++

I never go out to town without a 45 on my hip,a 357 snubbie in my purse and a 38 derringer in ,my back pocket--was robed in 2003 and refuse to ever be a victim age it here in wv. love it here in wv -OPEN CARRY

STANGF150 likes this.
  5. helmetmike

helmetmike Monkey+

I see lots of replies that have firearms. I live where CC permit is near impossible to get. In addition to a pocket folder, mini Maglite, Leatherman, lighter, wallet with the usual stuff, phone and a GHB in the vehicle, I carry a cane.

Jeff Brackett likes this.
  6. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Yard Dart likes this.
  7. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I like a cane or staff. Legal nearly anywhere, and unassuming. Few people take it seriously as a weapon, and it works as both sword and shield. It also makes a great locking bar against soft tissue. And can aide as a restraint through the elbows or knees, after.

marlas1too likes this.
  8. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

On my person or always in reach:
    SIG Sauer P290RS w/ extended magazine (8rd) + standard magazine (6rd), and laser sighted in at 25 ft
    Cold Steel Recon folder
    "Pharmacy" (old pill bottle filled with various painkillers, anti-inflammatories, sinus meds, anti-histamines, etc.
    Rescue inhaler (I'm asthmatic)
    Individual packets of burn ointment
    "Mr. Seven Hands" Screwdriver cluster (used at work all the time)
    Corsair Survivor 64GB Jump drive w/ emergency documents on it.

That's what's actually on me in my "work" bag (an LA Policegear 3-day pack), along with my laptop and other various items for work. Should be plenty to get me to my GHB in the car, where there's an extra 150 rds of 9mm JHP, a Glock 17, a few mountain house meals, a Cold Steel 7' Tanto, rain pancho, fire kit (matches, tinder, lighter, Swedish steel), all in a Smith & Wesson M&P Lite Force Backpack. One of these days, I'm going to get the Kel Tec Sub2k I want. ;)

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
    Yard Dart, BTPost and marlas1too like this.
  9. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382589217.015288.

Clockwise from the Kleenix...Fenix AAA flashlight (whipped with about 3-4 feet of bank line), ferro rod and striker (has little whistle in it), Breitling watch, Victorinox Alex farmer, Fisher space pen, and folding reading glasses in the black case. I don't normally EDC the shemag and casualty blanket. The picture was taken for another post I made.

Not shown are my keys. Key chain also holds a titanium peanut lighter and Victorinox executive (for the scissors and tweezers and for when I am around sheeple and need a blade). Also not shown are my phone since I used it to take the picture and wallet. Wallet has a brass sparklite, a fresnel lens, a short hank of jute twine, a tinder quick or two, an old card with one layer of spiderwire, a small square of sand paper, and a short length of lamp wick charred on one end. Plus the usual suspects of various cards and cash. Oh also in the wallet is an international phone card with a load of minutes remaining. Sounds like a lot, but my wallet is smaller and thinner than most and will fit comfortably in a pants from pocket.

10. magnus

magnus Monkey

I'm not going to list everything I carry, but I will say this. I alternate between an old Ruger Police Service Six .357 with 158gr hydra-shoks and
    a Glock 23 with 180gr hydra-shoos.

11. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Ruger LC9 (9mm) with 8 rounds 147gr hollow points ready to go. It is double action like a hammerless revolver, so the safety is off and a round is chambered. I like semi autos but don't need no stinkin safety. I am the safety. When the trigger is pulled I want it to fire. It's either concealed upon my person or riding concealed in a sneaky pete square holster. Hidden except to those in the know in plain sight.

STANGF150 likes this.
  12. EtDub

EtDub Monkey

Ever changing I guess. Glock 26 during warmer months instead of the g21. A benchmade mini grip replaced the crkt.

Sent from my MiPhone !

13. Jeff Brackett

Jeff Brackett Monkey+++

As a followup, I just got that Sub 2000 this evening. W00t!!!

Tonners and BTPost like this.
  14. Tonners

Tonners Researching Gear

We have yet to be allowed CC here in IL. Most of those here, well, I know people who are armed in their vehicle and those who aren't, despite it. No love for Chicago in my neck of the woods, so "Chicago Law" isn't always popular..

I have been researching prepping and gear since last year. While I carry my purse, I am still looking into getting an actual EDC bag. I am fond of Maxpedition for their reputation, but I'm not sure what gear fits me yet. I keep looking at the versipacks, buuut.. I don't know. I'm 5'3 and skinny as a stick, wondering how badly that bag would stick out like a sore thumb on me. I am on a definite no in laptop cases. My current purse is 14" long, 5" wide, and 10.5" tall, but is an underarm/over shoulder bag..

BUT, I have an ongoing list of "definites" and "maybes" for my bag, down to the same type of gear with brand/specs/price comparison.

Even without an actual EDC bag and my supplies yet, I always have pepper spray, paracord, hand sanitizer, thread, needles, and my knife on me - always.

I hope to have.. :
    -Flint to start a fire.
    -Minor first aid kit (disinfectants, gauze, bandages) as well as what I call CT&Ps..Condoms, Tampons & Pads.
    -Small flashlight
    -Earplugs
    -Some kind of metal cup or, as I recently got the idea for, a flask. The lid would allow me to carry it anywhere, if it was the right metal I could still boil water, and they are flat enough to fit in a pocket or against my body if I absolutely had to.
    -Ducktape
    -Batteries
    -multitool (I'm thinking a Leatherman Wave or Sidekick)
    -Straw water filter..thing
    -compass that has a mirror & declination settings (on amazon)
    -MPI all weather blanket
    -Equinox Egret tarp (or another dark colored, noiseless, water resistant tarp)
    -Strong fishing line & hooks
    -Tealights
    -Cover scent
    -Coconut oil, baby oil or wd40 (ever sneak in a building after shtf for supplies and have the door start to squeak? Better not alert anyone else.. lol. Plus other reasons. Aand, coconit oil is digestible depending on what you get.. need to check about expiration dates..
    -Mini glow sticks
    -Bandana (around the forehead, in a splint, cloth water filter...)

And if possible, I want to find at least a good monocular, sun screen and I'm thinking a Daisy sling shot.. if it would fit..

Being winter, my rugged motorcycle jacket keeps me cozy and I keep gloves in my pockets.

But, boy.. this sure seems like a tall order to fill in a bitty bag..

marlas1too and Yard Dart like this.
  15. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

You sound like a messenger bag type. single sling, often leather, stylish, with a bit of room, but not big.

16. Tonners

Tonners Researching Gear

I was afraid of that! Maybe I can find a way to combine some things.. Some things aren't do or die, at least!

17. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Check out the Frost River Grand Marais bag. Reasonable price, light weight and bomb proof. It can hold a little and it can hold a surprising lot.

My monkeys took mine!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386294105.417716.

I have watched my monkeys stuff their full of books, plus a change of clothes as well as a full sized plush beach towel. And a nalgene.

It's light weight waxed canvas so will handle the weather. Was in heavy rain for an hour. It beaded water and the inside was bone dry. Originally got it to carry a canteen and some gear. Been using it everyday for work too.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386294290.219501.

18. Tonners

Tonners Researching Gear

I might have to go the messenger route.. they are all just so long, and a big flap over every single pocket.. I'm so picky! I'll just have to poke around Walmart and see what styles I can live with, haha. Wish we had a REAL store here.

19. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I would definitely take a look at something like the link attached below..... @melbo has it jammed pretty good with practical "tools" and several others have followed that direction. It may fit your body size well... which is an important item to stay inconspicuous.... a messenger bag may be to big for you...just a thought.
    Gear Review - Review of the Maxpedition Neatfreak EDC Bag | Survival Monkey Forums

Tonners likes this.
  20. Tonners

Tonners Researching Gear

Thankyou Yard Dart! I had actually just checked that out yesterday, but hadn't the time to properly look in to it yet! I'll have to check out what Melbo posted. I did read over the posts here, but it was a quick read - it has been a crazy day. I am envious at those who are lucky to be able to CC!

Edit: Woah- I guess I had clicked Melbo's review before revisiting this tab. That's some crazy power you have, Yard Dart. LOL

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7