What Is Your Personal Every Day Carry

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Yard Dart, Aug 2, 2013.

1. EtDub

EtDub Monkey

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398001557.402615.

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

In my GHB I have my med kit. Which is pretty much always nearby in the truck wherever I am.

SemperFiSkye likes this.
  3. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

Yes, but hardly anyone else does. They'll carry the tools to make wounds and I'm sorry to break it to them all but, if we were in a world of ninjas (everyone thinks they're invincible), then no one would ever hit their mark. Trouble is that guy thinks he's the best and this one thinks he is and, well, odds are you're going to get hurt, people. Not just in a fight, either. In the every day world as well. My thumb? Cut off by hedge trimmers. The 6"x 4" scar on my forearm? The split second decision between that or my face kissing a hot muffler. Etc., etc. Why not be prepared?

BTPost, Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I'm in service truck everyday. Standard issue on every truck is a full size medical kit. (what we do has the potential for serious injury)
    Med kits are inspected every three months, and replaced every year. (one of the "expired" kits now rides in my hunting gear. ) I'm covered.

SemperFiSkye and Yard Dart like this.
  5. ReadyYankee

ReadyYankee Monkey+++

My EDC includes:

Swiss Army knife
    Gerber Multitool
    Canteen of water
    Energy bars
    First aid kit
    Surgical masks
    Whistle
    Flashlight
    Backup Power Supply for smartphone (solar if I'm hiking)
    Rain jacket

Oh, and a lighter ...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  6. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

I read some of these posts and it makes me want to write something like this ......

Oh, YEAH? Well, MY EDC is...
    A machete strapped to my calf, a 100' of 120 lb braided fishing line wrapped around a mini-axe, krazy glue, needle and thread, nail clippers, my kabar, a titanium pen, a flask of alcohol, water bottle full of gasoline and a lighter, matches, three cell phones, 16 MREs, an extra pair of socks, a belt of incendiary grenades, mace on my hip, Zorro's mask, a cattle prod, a cannon in my back pocket, a .50 cal on my left arm, baby bag over my shoulder, and a colt .45 for the f-----' skeeters.

I love y'all. Lol

X said, "Honey, that's bragging. Just because that's how we roll doesn't mean you need to rub it in."

Yard Dart, ghrit, oldawg and 2 others like this.
  7. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Yep, there's a world of difference between what's in your pockets EDC and like an FAK that is (almost) within reach.

SemperFiSkye and kellory like this.
  8. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

You have Zorro's mask.... now that is cool....:D

SemperFiSkye likes this.
  9. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

And with a cattle Prod. That must be for Saturday night.:cool:

SemperFiSkye, kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  10. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

You need to be properly equipped when you've got an animal like X.[tytyty]

oldawg and BTPost like this.
  11. SemperFiSkye

SemperFiSkye Monkey+

Yes. Not saying there aren't a few exceptions-like traveling far for work or working out of a vehicle loaded with various items, to where your "extended" EDC is reasonable. But there's a difference between EDC in pocket and "E"EDC.

12. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Resurrecting a great thread to see what people may have changed or added. Gotta admit I've gotten lax about what I keep on my person.

Yard Dart likes this.
  13. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Only one of the most destructive weapons of modern times.
    A utility knife.

14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Today, it was my STIHL 018 Chainsaw.... I hired two 14 year olds, to help get the woodshed full before summer is over... They work three hours a day, and I recover, for 8 hours after each session... [lolol]

Gator 45/70, Tempstar and Yard Dart like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7