What the hell happened to right and wrong

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by fedorthedog, Nov 30, 2012.

1. I think that you can pinpoint which people are being taught right from wrong. I wager that we can distinguish this from family to family. We all know that there are black sheep in every family, however it is no accident when you have a family patriarch with a good name and his prodginy also strive to uphold that family name.

My great grandfather made a name for himself in our community 80+ years ago when he moved from TN. My grandfather, father, uncles, aunts, brothers, cousins...have had to keep that family name so that it meant something. I am not a big believer in nepotism, however I can gaurantee you that if anyone were to have dealings any person from my family...they would get an honest and trustworthy response that could not be shaken by coruption. The way that our family brings up the young just will not allow it.

I bet my last $2 that this is a common occurance...but probably a dying thing.

tulianr likes this.
  2. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

I would like to add onto this the constant requirement for 2 parents working to make ends meet which begets lack of time for parenting. I can tell you that there are days where all hell breaks loose at work and I'm at the damn computer like I am now fixing some fuck up or another and my wife (who has her own biz) is trying to get caught up with her clients and the kids are left to play because it's either I fix it, or I get lambasted and a notch put in towards the "not doing his job" side of things or my wife gets her clients their stuff or she loses them and hence the biz.

What a shitty fucking circle and quite frankly, I'm getting sick of this country's self destructive attitude towards the family unit; and no offense to the ladies, but.. the children need you home. Notice I didn't say "that's your place". I chose my words specifically because it's a necessity that the mother be the nurturing figure in the children's lives and that just doesn't exist much these days. It's necessary.. humans need it and the monetary actions of this country's governing body have forced much of this upon us. I could go on, but I imagine I'm preaching to the choir.

NotSoSneaky and Tracy like this.
  3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

I don't know how Ozzy and Harriet did it. One job, one car, a house, kids and college? Not possible nowadays.

4. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

No, it really isn't feasible anymore. This is probably one of the most disturbing aspects of this whole cluster fuck.

Evil likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7