1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

what you may want in your medical kit

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by CANDY fISHER, Feb 16, 2011.

CANDY fISHER Monkey+

a epipen ! yep in case someone has a sever allergic attack !
    My son is very allergic to many things, a long list actually. so I got a hold of his doctor right away and he sent in a script for 2 pens. I was thrilled since when things go bad, there is no way to get treatment. Im so glad I got them, and I plan to refill the script and get 2 more in 6 months if things are still ok. I think it is important to cover all bases and as of right now, I have now 2 years worth of Zyrtec, benyadryl all ointments for bites, and rashes etc. Im covered for allergy's for a long time .
  2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Adventure Riding Monkey Founding Member

How long can Epipens be stored?
  3. MARIA

MARIA Monkey+

if outdated 2 years, if not well you have that date and up to a year, but if you keep it out ofg sun and different temperatures its less likely to turn brown and of no use. I had one that was 5 years past and still good. but I would say no more then 3 if in the dark and no temp changes.
  4. gunbartender

gunbartender Monkey+

you must keep them temp stable. do not store them in your car.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary