What's pho dinner

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bishop, Feb 8, 2017.

1. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

KIMG0519_01.JPG

2. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

Forget pics, recipes or it didn't happen.

3. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Gotta Get Some PHO!!! Super yummy with a bunch of onions! I actually enjoy Vietnamese dishes often, but have not sought out recipes just yet! There is one with thin cut pork, marinated and BBQed in a rich Plumb type sauce that I really enjoy, but I cannot find the sauce any where! Please post a recipe for PHO!!!

Sgt Nambu, Motomom34 and Seepalaces like this.
  4. duane

duane Monkey+++

Best post of the day, need to show the little ones enjoying it as well. God grant us the wisdom to savor those thing in life that truly matter. While we may argue about politics and really achieve nothing, it is much more important in the long run to have happy, healthy children and the blessings of a good wife and a good dog! Reached the point that if I do watch the "news", I have to let my dog take me for a walk down around the lake to regain my touch with reality and what is actually important.

5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I had some Pho a couple of days ago. There's a Pho Nam restaurant a few miles away and all this guys stuff is fresh, super nice guy also. I had an appetizer of baked quail , man that bird had an awesome flavor. I asked him what he did to it, he said he marinated it in some kind of wine . Mm, starting to get hungry now,,,,

Motomom34, Seepalaces and Ura-Ki like this.
  6. duane

duane Monkey+++

Was in a Thai restaurant a few weeks ago and they had kim chee on the menu. Got some and it was the worst that I have ever tasted. Complained to the waiter, boss came out and invited me to the kitchen and gave me a plate with some very good kim chee, that he had made, said he was sorry but that he could not serve it in the dining room as most of his customers would not tolerate either the heat or the smell. Went back a week later and he just invited me straight to the break area next to the kitchen. Had an excellent meal, hot food, strange tastes, and not on the menu. He now speaks to me when he sees me about town too.

Ganado, Yard Dart, tacmotusn and 2 others like this.
  7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

All kinds of PHO recipes right here. PHO - Yahoo Search Results ........ Now I need to find a local Vietnamese Restaurant to try out

Seepalaces and Motomom34 like this.
  8. Bishop

Bishop Monkey+++

Beef broth
    Eye if round steak thin sliced
    Vermicelli noodles
    Onions
    Scallion
    Bean sprouts
    Cilantro
    Jalapeno

Motomom34 and Seepalaces like this.
  9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I have never had Pho but it looks real healthy and easy to make.

Mountain mama and Ura-Ki like this.
  10. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

This place is starting to be too much like Facebook.o_O

11. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

12. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I think Tom Yum Goong is my favorite meal in the world.

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  13. Mountain mama

Mountain mama Monkey++

My daughter loves Pho! I think its OK, but I am a steak, potato, and salad girl. Med rare, with a little A-1, SOURCREAM on my potato, and I love blue cheese on my salad. My hubby took me to Texas steak house yesterday for our valentines dinner. I will be other side of country on valentines so we celebrated early. DELICIOUS!

I haven't put jalapeño in mine. Will have to try that!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2017
    Ganado, Ura-Ki and Motomom34 like this.
  14. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu RIP 4/19/2018

Hoorah!!! Pho! I like the meat ball variety! Little quenelles of yummy force meat, (we've never been afraid of variety meats!" :D Add, bean sprouts, basil, bitter leaf, lime juice and the dead lime wedge!
    Extra onions too!

Ura-Ki and Ganado like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7