What's your everyday carry?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Shinzo, May 27, 2018.

1. Shinzo

Shinzo Monkey

As survivalists, we all have a knife, flashlight, and maybe something else attached to our belts whenever we step out the front door. So I thought it might be interesting to share, and see, what we all carry every day.
    This is the gear I carry on my body, every day: wallet (sure all you have this), Leatherman Rev, Casio World Time Watch, Anker Battery Pack, Anker Flashlight (400lumens).
    [​IMG]
    I also carry an EDC backpack which is a Pentagon Kryer. I have a few little extras that I carry in it everyday for 'just in case' circumstances. My full kit list is here.
    [​IMG]

2. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

• Leatherman tool
    • Flashlight
    • Handgun
    • Common things: wallet, keys, phone, etc. Not really considered "survival stuff".
    I used to carry a backpack with 1-2 days food/water, a handheld 2 meter amateur radio, a police scanner, first aid kit, and a seasonal change of clothes. I don't carry it much any more because it was mostly to have at work in case something happened and I was stuck there. Now my job does not take me very far from home so there's no compelling reason to lug the backpack. If SHTF I could just hike home in a few hours.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  3. Lancer

Lancer TANSTAFL! Site Supporter+++

hmmmm...
    on my person;
    mini leatherman
    light
    knife
    keys - another light a "key knife"
    wallet - freznel lense
    money clip - 3rd small blade
    handgun & 1 mag
    Laptop Bag:
    light
    blade
    waterproof usb drive
    life straw
    light gloves
    watch cap
    n-100 mask
    swimmers goggles
    1 - mainstay ration
    GI survival blanket
    solar power bank
    GetHomeBag: too much to list - I plan on a week

Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  4. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Brass Zippo, Case Stockman, Tag watch, Stag switchblade, Colt Defender, gold chain with anchor, Stetson, Cross pen

BlueDuck, Zimmy, Gator 45/70 and 2 others like this.
  5. ochit

ochit Monkey+

I carry a gun and pocket knife with that I can just about get everything else, ask any New Orleans thug after Katrina. Of course if you were a home owner, in your home white and female the POPO busted down your door and took your only means of defense. I may be a bit snarky but thinking your going to be allowed to wander around with anything during an event I can see a pile of confiscated stuff especially if it looks preper'ish or defensive. surrounded by the people you pay to protect you who have guns and are taking yours they have water gas food and you need to go on your way or get plastic handcuffs and a ride to a holding area. Remember 9-11 everyone got to walk home.

I do carry, I posted what I have on a key chain and an attitude exposing too much onl8ine may not be healthy if the worm turns, but I have all the widgits so I am comfortable.

BlueDuck and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Pocket knife (any one of many)
    Cell phone
    In wallet: John Wayne (P38) can opener
    Mini survival card (Has many small items, like fish hooks, mini knife and saw blade, etc.)
    Micro folding knife
    Extra money for emergencies
    Keychain: many keys, mini spark type fire starter with storeage tube for treated cotton wads.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    Gator 45/70, sec_monkey and Ura-Ki like this.
  7. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

"None of your business" was my initial response. It's a self-preservation instinct.

I carry a bunch of hardware every day. Going through the list, the only things that I don't always have two or more of on me are my cigar cutter, back-up sytlus (back-up for fingers that may or may not be sensed by touch screens), forceps, comb, lighter and phone. (spare glasses and alternative hearing amplification are never far away... but at least all my teeth stay in.) Flashlights, blades, guns, cordage, impact weapons, screw drivers, magnets, pens I have multiples.

The odd thing about my EDC is how much dummy cord I use. It works for me.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  8. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Just what I need.

Gator 45/70, ochit and sec_monkey like this.
  9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Daily carry is a pair of micro pelican hard shell cases, one is a "Pocket Survival" kit, the other is emergency medical, both fit in my umbiguious cargo pants pockets. I carry a Gerber Torch two, and a Gerber MK-1 with stations both edges. I carry a 1911 10mm with 4 extra mags, and a back up, ether a CZ-82 or a Walther PPK, both with just the seated mag and cheers round. I carry a bandana, usually my Aussi outback hat, or a MT ranger hat. My MTM or my Heuer watch, a 550 para bracelet. Keys with Leatherman Micra, and the second version of the Micra on a zipper pull. I also carry a Leatherman wave tool, wallet with a couple hundred in small bills, and a small handful of coins.

10. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Well if I'm just working around here it's usually something like this:
    minigun.
    When I know I'm going into B-Ham it's usually this:
    4faac5caecad04ce72000000-750.

Grandpa Patch, Ganado, Shinzo and 9 others like this.
  11. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Wish I still needed to carry a comb in my EDC....

Grandpa Patch, Ganado, Zimmy and 7 others like this.
  12. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Forgot I have one of these or a P51 John Waynes big brother on every key chain allows me more grip thab a p38 but I have those. I used to hand those out in my business.
    I do have a Swiss Army Explorer that has a can opener, but not on me hidden in the vehicle so if I need it I'll have it.
    There are ways to hide things in plain sight but if I explained it I would have to XXX take you out LOL.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. hot diggity

KIMG2439. I don't go anywhere without these.

Ganado, BlueDuck, Zimmy and 4 others like this.
  14. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

A clip-cord and a penta socket. :D

Ura-Ki and Gator 45/70 like this.
  15. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The ONLY Thing that I carry EVERYTIME I leave the cabin area (+/- 100 yds) is my Kenwood TH-72A w Spk/Mic HT Radio, that lives in my left Brest Pocket, with the Spk/Micclipped to my Left Lapel on whatever I am wearing... This is for Comms back to the cabin, should I need something from AlaskaChick, or to to update her, on what I am doing... It also gives me Comms to the USCG, should I need Official Help from a State or Federal .Gov Entity... (State Troopers, or Medivac, etc) If I happen to need something additional to that, I will bring it with me, from the cabin, but those things are determined by the mission I am undertaking when I leave the cabin... This is a Family Policy, and we both adhear to it Ridgidly.... Especially whe; we are here alone, during late Fall, Winter, and early Spring...

16. snake6264

snake6264 Combat flip flop douchebag

A sharp knife a keen eye and the knowledge to use both

ochit, sec_monkey, Lancer and 2 others like this.
  17. ochit

ochit Monkey+

WOW I didn't know a grapevine could grow sunglasses and a watch I want one !

18. hot diggity

Looks like I'll have quite a crop of grapes this year if the bugs, birds and squirrels leave them alone.

sec_monkey, Ura-Ki and ochit like this.
  19. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I see you are packing light now days :)

20. ochit

ochit Monkey+

A-Ha a redneck blackjack.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  1. Hanzo
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. Coyote Ridge
  4. Coyote Ridge