What's your favorite Multi-Tool?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Tully Mars, Jan 13, 2015.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

@stg58, I ordered 2 MUTs and one came with the dual end wrench and the other came with the front sight tool option.
    I wondered what the difference in models was - thanks

2. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

@melbo, The odd thing about this thread is I had just ordered a second MUT and took delivery yesterday with the new style wrench which caused me to investigate.

3. melbo

I'm actually not sure the front sight tool is an upgrade or not yet.
    I don't adjust my front sights very often

4. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Agree, I ordered one of the older style and will carry both on one for a while.
    Maybe use the new one for roasting marshmallows:)

5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Double check, it should work on the 4 increment sights, but likely not on the 5.

6. melbo

At first I thought it was a golfers divot tool

7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Used my Leatherman at the office last week to fix a piece of equipment. Then this weekend used it to repair the dryer. Once you learn how multifunctional it is, you don't leave home without it.

dryer 001.JPG

Yard Dart and kellory like this.
  8. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I love that hammer!!! :lol:

Motomom34 likes this.
  9. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2015
    Yard Dart likes this.
  10. Yard Dart

I have a couple of Gerbers that I really like and each BOB has one inside it. I also have a Leatherman and another knock off brand that I keep in my range box for field repairs. Looks like I now need to get a MUT or two ;)
    IMAG0265.

11. flhshvlhed

flhshvlhed Monkey+++

I use a Victorinox Swisstool w/ the scissors on it. I've been issued/used/bought most of them - SOG Paratool, Super Leatherman and others - I've stayed with the Swisstool. In over 15yrs, 4 different continents and almost 5 yrs in the "sandbox", it has never let me down, even when I used it in ways that were borderline abuse. I found that the steel in the Leatherman was not as malleable as the Swisstool and would break before letting you know that you were approaching it's tensile limits.

I practically never get dressed without it. As a backup, I also carry the Victorinox Ranger w/ a whistle attached to it. I even gave a Swisstool to my daughter - in short, I trust my and daughter's life with it.

12. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Leatherman Sidekick

DSC00036.JPG DSC00037.JPG

Not the very best I own, but it's lightweight and useful. I must have carried a Wave for years out of stubbornness and used an array of Gerber multitools, but they are just too heavy and I rarely use much more than the screwdrivers and blades.

13. The Duece

The Duece Monkey

Ive been carrying a leatherman charge for over 10 yrs now,i have actually broken it twice but great warranty policy got it replaced within couple of weeks,i own a skeletool as well but it lives in one of my packs.the extra bit sets for the charge are a great add on with couple of torx a small robinson bit
    D

14. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

15. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Could be awkward to use, guess I'd have to play with one for a few hours to be sure though! :D

16. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Cute, but all those little screws to fall out......:rolleyes:

Yard Dart likes this.
  17. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

I guess I'd just wonder why and keep walking.

Yard Dart likes this.
  18. Yard Dart

It does not ring my bell @Motomom34 . To much potential for it to fall apart in the field as @kellory suggested. I would also be concerned about the potential for injury to oneself under the right circumstance. There are a lot of sharp and pointy edges that could put damage on your wrist/arm.

Motomom34 likes this.
  19. The Duece

The Duece Monkey

At 150-200$ base,400-600 with the watch,it looks pretty cool but not that cool,i would have to have the watch in ordef to buy it and i aint paying that much for a watch.....not how quick i break them anyways
    D

Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  20. I guess it would be the schrade pocket pry bar.. I am always needing to pry something or loosen/tighten a flat head screw. Its titanium and weights nothing

Motomom34 likes this.
  1. RouteClearance
  2. Joe13
  3. Hanzo
  4. stg58
  5. KAS
  6. Quigley_Sharps
  7. Alpha Dog
  8. CATO
  9. Castiel
  10. Castiel
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary