who's going to fire the first volley?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by CATO, Jan 3, 2013.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

It seems that some liberals with a pulpit are worked up in a froth and typical of cowards (e.g., Mullahs), they are suggesting others visit violence upon pro-gun advocates.

Des Moines Register publishes gun-ban column advocating deadly violence against NRA, GOP leaders

By Tim Graham
    Published January 02, 2013
    FoxNews.com
    Donald Kaul retired earlier this year. Now he has decided to return to writing occasional opinion columns for OtherWords.org. The Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn. brought out all his ugliness.
    In a column that appeared after the shooting with the headline "Kaul: Nation needs a new agenda on guns," he proposed a new liberal agenda: repeal the Second Amendment, declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal, and well, make violent threats to Republican leaders and NRA members. The Des Moines Register published external-link. this junk on December 29.
    "I would tie Mitch McConnell and John Boehner, our esteemed Republican leaders, to the back of a Chevy pickup truck and drag them around a parking lot until they saw the light on gun control," he wrote. Is that a threatening James Byrd external-link. reference? "And if that didn’t work, I’d adopt radical measures," he continued.
    This was how he spelled out the other agenda items, which included killing NRA members who wouldn't surrender their arms:
    "Here, then, is my “madder-than-hell-and-I’m-not-going-to-take-it-anymore” program for ending gun violence in America:
    • Repeal the Second Amendment, the part about guns anyway. It’s badly written, confusing and more trouble than it’s worth. It offers an absolute right to gun ownership, but it puts it in the context of the need for a “well-regulated militia.” We don’t make our militia bring their own guns to battles. And surely the Founders couldn’t have envisioned weapons like those used in the Newtown shooting when they guaranteed gun rights. Owning a gun should be a privilege, not a right.
    • Declare the NRA a terrorist organization and make membership illegal. Hey! We did it to the Communist Party, and the NRA has led to the deaths of more of us than American Commies ever did. (I would also raze the organization’s headquarters, clear the rubble and salt the earth, but that’s optional.) Make ownership of unlicensed assault rifles a felony. If some people refused to give up their guns, that “prying the guns from their cold, dead hands” thing works for me."
    The so-called "news" media love to blame conservatives for the declining civility of our democratic discourse, but the hateful venom spewed by supposedly enlightened liberals like Kaul is as vicious as it gets.
    Publishing death threats is bad enough, but doing so in the name of promoting a more peaceful, compassionate society is beyond sick. But this clown will probably never realize the absurdity of his argument.
    external-link. external-link.

2. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Always threatening others; yet the first to cry foul when threatened..

HK_User and CATO like this.
  3. Harbin

Harbin Monkey+

Wow, that was a bit harsh. Any chance this is something the secret service would be investigating? Sounds like a pretty serious threat.

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

If they aren't, they should be. Won't go far, they will discover he went off his meds, give him a slap on the wrist and send him on his way with an admonishment to be sure to take the meds. Personally, I think he should be shoved into a bottomless cell.

5. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Often in colonial America, the jail consisted of a 10-15' deep pit about 6-8' in diameter which was outside and uncovered. The perpetrator was simply thrown in which seems to be an outstanding idea.

ditch witch likes this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

That scheme was used in Nam. Not nice at all. No bottom is better, methinks. Imagine falling down an elevator shaft. They say freefall is fun, give him something to look forward to.

7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

What are the odds? After reading this at another site I searched out a recent picture of Donald Kaul. I photo shopped myself a nice 8.5 x 11 copy to hold on file for reference. Should Mr. Kaul tresspass and set foot on my property which is posted and has warnings as well, he will cease to suck air. Plain and simple. He has threatened me and mine with death, and I will protect what I hold dear. Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness. Can I get an Amen Brother?

Mountainman, kellory and Dawg23 like this.
  8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Maybe someone should "Publish" His Home Address and Phone Number, so that he can appreciate that there are significant numbers of Folks, who do NOT CARE for his views, on how America needs to conduct it's business..... No threats, just the information... Bet HE would use his 2nd Amendment Rights, ASAP...... ..... HMMV....

Tikka and Dawg23 like this.
  9. UGRev

UGRev Get on with it!

Wow.. and they call us "crazy". This guy is off his rocker.

tacmotusn likes this.
  10. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

AMEN BROTHER and I got the backhoe fee.

tacmotusn likes this.
  11. Ajax

Ajax Monkey++

What I find interesting is, the parts of the article I could stomach and read, he sounds so authoritative and sure of himself that a gun ban is needed to stop gun violence in America but...... his statements are based purely on ignorant emotion and not based in facts or reality.

The info is out there, the statistics have been researched, there really isn't a question anymore that more guns in law abiding citizens hands means less crime so what rock does people like this get stuck under that they can't figure it out? I can at least see why evil power grabbing politicians want to ban guns, as wrong as it is, but what excuse to mental midgets like this guy have.

tacmotusn likes this.
  12. Dawg23

Dawg23 do or do not, there is no try

AMEN Brother! :)

13. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Death threats are illegal. We should ALL press charges......;)

tacmotusn and Dawg23 like this.
  14. helmetmike

helmetmike Monkey+

Isn't it a crime to threaten a public official such as a US Senator and US Congressman???????? Ooops I forgot, libs are above the law.

15. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Ehhh...it would only be illegal according to the current Justice Department if he threatened the so-called president's party.

As was shown with the Panthers at the '08 polling places, it is OK to threaten those who oppose His Majesty.

16. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

They were at the polls again in 2012.

New Black Panthers back at Philly voting site | Fox News

Judging by the different buildings in the pictures; they were at more than one polling place.

where the black panthers at the polls in 2012 - Google Search

If Holder was a Viking his name would be Erik the Blind.

tacmotusn and CATO like this.
  17. Kannonman

Kannonman Monkey+

He should be hung as a traitor.

18. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

206169_363773267054636_1521876042_n.
    206169_363773267054636_1521876042_n.

Dawg23 likes this.
  19. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Or, put another way: