Why Are You Prepping?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TXKajun, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Suerto

Suerto Monkey+

Back in my grandpa's day, hell, back in my dads day... It was... Lol..

Land is still wild and free, for now.. ;)

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

[booze]Well ok..Nothing that i will post [booze]lol...

3. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Wuhl what do you drink when you have pizza or burgers?? I think there's some kind of law that you have to drink beer with those meals...and I'm pretty sure there's an amendment that you have to have bacon on both of them.

Sorry for the hi-jack: :D

4. Midnightblue72

Midnightblue72 Monkey++

I prep for the same reason I have car insurance. I dont have insurance because I plan on having a wreck I have it in case I have one. I dont prep because I want society to wreck, I prep in case society does wreck.

I lived through the Landers earthquake, the Rodney King riots and watched people die during Katrina and people pay $50.00 for ice after hurricane Hugo.

My family will not be victimized, my family may struggle to adapt but we will adapt and overcome.

I prep because I am responsible for the well being of my wife and child and you if you as an outsider are unprepared and naive, too bad for you. The clueless Prius driving, "The govt will save you types" will be the ones who become demon like when they experiences hunger and thirst for the first time.

No, I wont be the UN of the block, food you get from me, is food taken from MY family. Love thy neighbor but thou shall provide for your family first.

5. wrc223

wrc223 Monkey+

You want to know why I prep?
    You reeeeeeeally want to know why I prep?
    You want to learn why it is that I prep?

Do you have an hour to spend? Yes, it will take 1 hour.

Sit down in front of your tv and tune to the following networks MSNBC for 15 minutes, CNN for 15 minutes, MTV for 15 minutes, and watch at least 15 minutes of Jon Stuarts "show".

Then after you have done this and gone to freshen up in the washroom, I want you to think of one thing. This is how people in America today form their opinion on who to vote for.

Now, answer me one question please. Why in the ____ would you ask a question like, Why do you prep? Why WOULDNT you prep?!?! ;)

weegrannymush and TheEconomist like this.
  6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

People will know when to start prepping when they hear a LOUD popping sound...

Thats when they pull their head out of their A$$...lol
    Forgive me Lord...

bebop, larryinalabama and STANGF150 like this.
  7. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Gator, that avatar is great!

Anyway, the vacuum is to great. They won't be able to solve the cranial rectal impaction. The first sheep stopped too fast and well, sheep being sheep kept a going.

Now it looks like the I-75 during a fog warning morning in Eastern Tennessee.

Lot's of noses shoved to far into rear ends.

STANGF150 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  8. Technopenguin

Technopenguin Monkey+

I prep because I want to be prepared for any possible hazard. Once the hazard is right in front of your face, you'll be thinking about whether you prepared for it or not.
    I like the idea of self-reliance and being able to live without modern amenities, without it being uncomfortable at all, but simply living. Additionally, being able to live with the amenities despite various disruptive events is another part of the prepping.

9. sgt peppersass

sgt peppersass Monkey+

I experienced the ice storm of the northeast first hand as a home owner. waking up and seeing your breathe in the house got me into gear. That day I installed a woodstove and started melting water to prepare. Never again will I be that caught off guard. Friends north of me didnt have power for over a month.

Plus growing up I remember all the hurricanes that passed through and other bad snow storms. Bad enough to make going out impossible due to down trees. I'm glad to be on here and have the resources available through this site. Just learning as much as I can everyday before/if something big happens.

10. irayone

irayone Monkey+

BE PREPARED

I was a boy scout....Be Prepared is the moto.....

11. TheEconomist

TheEconomist Creighton Bluejay

Super-Volcanos or a Mass Bigfoot Invasion

12. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

Some of the lizard aliens from Chris's story.

13. RangerRick

RangerRick RangerRick-North Idaho Oath Keeper

I prep because I have this need to.

I have 40 years in military/emergency services, fire/law, emergency management/homeland security/red cross/ect. The last 5 years I helped to build two fema camps. I saw a civilian prison camp open on a military installation. Slave labor if you will, I had 7 different crews over 3 years there at Camp Atterbury Indiana.
    I listen to what the troops are talking about and what they have been told they may have to do someday. That said, all that I talked with up to the 1st sargent said bull ****. We are not going after our own. That felt good. My brother was in the President cabinet during the Clinton years and I was part of REX-84.
    That is why I prep. I have first hand knowledge of their plans and it isn't going to be fun.We both retired. I am in North Idaho.
    RR

14. cornninja

cornninja Monkey+

me because i dont want to depend on big brother we saw how that worked with katrina and since then there is a multitude of scenarios that could wreak havoc upon us i choose to prepare

15. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I perp for the love of my family and not wanting to see them do without and to give them a chance to carry on if something happens to me.
    I prep because of all the evil and uncertainty in the world today.
    I prep to show all the sheeple when the time comes they were idiots.(kind of sick but true)
    I prep because it is in my blood to survive and fight for my little sport on Gods green Earth.
    The most important reason for me prepping is because Im a Monkey and thats what we do!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I don't prep,However i keep a little bit extra around cause i like to feed the Gator's...

17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Perhap's you can start a thread about these camp's.? and +1

Alpha Dog, pcw907 and ColtCarbine like this.
  18. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I just looked up REX 84 SH*****T

ColtCarbine and Gator 45/70 like this.
  19. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I second the request to post your experience on this, as it is generally only a tinfoil hat discussion.

Alpha Dog, pcw907 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  20. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

I also would like to hear more about the camps

1. Modus Operandi
  2. Tully Mars
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Motomom34
  5. Motomom34
  6. weegrannymush
  7. larryinalabama
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7