Wife Got Phishing Attack

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TXKajun, Dec 6, 2021.

1. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

My Sweetie was selling something on one of the local Facebook groups. She got a msg from someone that said they wanted to buy it. They requested her phone number and she gave it out. Next thing, she got a request from the same person to have Sweetie receive a code and then text it. Sweetie was smart enough to recognize she was being led along and terminated contact. Big question: Do we have anything to worry about regarding this attempt? She's changing all passwords as I'm typing this.

TIA!

Gator 45/70, SB21 and sec_monkey like this.
  2. Out in the woods

Out in the woods off-grid in-the-forest beekeeper

Your 'Sweetie' is smart and alert.
    She spotted the attack as soon as it became obvious, she reacted immediately. Good for her!
    You are safe.
    [change all passwords, everywhere, everywhere] I recommend you google 'random password generator' there must be dozens of choices, who cares just pick one and make a sixteen [16] digit password, for every place you routinely log onto.

3. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Thanks, Outinthewoods. Got passwords changed and everything seems to be ok. Love the quickness of response on this site!

th

Gator 45/70, SB21 and sec_monkey like this.
  4. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

yall should enable dem 2 factor thingys on all yer accounts

plus backup all yer 2 factor keys

if yer gonna do .biz online git a cheap phone fer dat, never use yer primary phone fer anythin

cell phone based 2 factor stinks do not use it, use hardware tokens or hardware 2fa dat aint phone based

Gator 45/70 and SB21 like this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I use Firefox browser across every platform.
    I can use FPN (private network), and I can store my passwords using Firefox Lockwise. I can also access all my bookmarks and passwords, which are stored in real time using any device I log into.
    No problems.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. jefferson

jefferson Monkey

First thing you should keep your partner Facebook is private. Never share your partner or your personal number to the unknown person. Last thing, you can give a small complaint about this issue to cybercrime police department through email or directly. This action is nice prevention steps for your future life and business.

1. Dunerunner
  2. Ganado
  3. Grandpa Patch
  4. Asia-Off-Grid
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Papa_asf130
  8. DarkLight
  9. Brokor
  10. sec_monkey
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7