Would this be useful?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by RomanRTGS, Mar 27, 2014.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

We ALL have to start somewhere... Many of the Monkeys have been doing this, and living this lifestyle for years, and some for Generations... We are here to share our Knowledge Base, with those that want to expand their Horizons... To help in any way possible, to bring the answers to those who ask.. I will likely not be around in 10 years, so it is my Goal in life to pass on my Knowledge Base, as best I can, before it is lost to the Monkeys, forever. Well I will haunt a bunch as best I can, after my passing... Just Warning those Monkeys, and you know who you are....

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I like this response. Sharing your knowledge is very worthy. I know what they all mean about being near a city but some of us are just temporarily stuck in or near a metro area. As for VT, the state has changed, too many liberals left the city after 911 and are in the process of ruining the place. I think they are trying to pass gun laws but the old school is fighting hard. NH is a "free state", FYI.

Now for your original question: My needs are different from yours and my weight limit is also probably lighter then yours. A local store has a printed list of recommended items to put in your bag, life straw, whistle, mylar blankets etc. These lists are all over. You should also encourage people to have a separate car bag/daily bag, I have car bag & a daily bag thus I am never without. That has been discussed what to carry in your vehicle. I have lots of duplicate stuff but it is better to have more then less.

Welcome to the Monkey. BTW- @BTPost lives a life I couldn't imagine. Can't imagine what he does when he gets a craving.

3. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

@Motomom34 If we do NOT have it in October, we do NOT get it until the first Barge in the Spring. (May) The only exception is what might come on the weekly Mail Plane, from town. That makes every Wed. like Christmas... Just to see what is in the Mail Bag.... .....

Motomom34 likes this.
  4. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I am so spoiled. Your life style is perfect for this site. We all store things away for just in case while you do it because it is the way you live. As soon as I read your post my mind started doing inventory... x-boxes of our pancake mix, how much rice needed but still have storage etc...

BTPost likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7