Yet Another Stimulus Check?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by TXKajun, May 1, 2021.

1. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

It's time for y'all to investigate every home grown (state) and Federal means to lower your taxes.
    Yup it will require the use of a CPA to stay legal and effort on your part for a legal and inventive way to lower your tax rate.
    Pain in the arse but at about $400 a year to the CPA it will pay for its self.
    Such as Disabled Vet state benefits, VA benefits, Small Business, Volunteer work you enjoy but also allows mileage etc for your work or classes.

Ways?
    A real business that is a known loss leader and legal. YMMV in your area but keep it legal by using every tax discount you or your CPA can find.

Small business that used part of home for tax write off.

Example 15 Tax Deductions and Benefits for the Self-Employed

Yes it is the best way to avoid taxes or offset them till you die.

Buy land, use it for AG exemptions follow the rules and sell live stock, or timber or hay etc.
    Report all sales, NO working out of your pocket.
    If you make money and owe taxes, then purchase equipment and have the CPA run the amortization etc to come to no more than 10% taxes.

Always do your taxes and always pay enough in so you get some back.

It is easy it just takes consistency in your life and income.

"It is not how much you make but how much you get to keep."
    Pop's best words he ever said to us.

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  2. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I talked to a older couple from Georgia a few years ago who said that unless you're a multi-millionaire, you don't pay (school) taxes after the age of 65 there. Sounds pretty fair. How many people age 65 or older have children in school? Very few over 65 pay school tax in that state. .

3. FTM2 Tartar

FTM2 Tartar On Hiatus Banned

If their goal [plainly!] is to depress the economy, then why o_O do they call them stimulus checks?
    :^)

4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Don't worry, they'll fix the tax code and get rid of all the income reporting requirements. You get to keep all you make minus the social program costs (social security, medicare/cade). You'll be taxed on consumption through a VAT on freaking everything.

5. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Taxes are the main tool used to keep the majority of the populace in economic slavery.

It's almost impossible to improve your lifestyle if you are paid by the hour because most of your "discretionary income" is taken by The State (at some level) as taxes.

That is to keep your from investing it or otherwise growing it.

For the same reason everyone that tries to escape being a renter winds up enslaved by a 30-year mortgage--and gets raped six ways from Sunday with interest, fees, mandatory insurance, etc.

Even 401ks are a scam primarily intended to keep you from having access to all of your pay, lest you prudently invest some of it and become wealthy enough to not have to punch a time clock.

We live in a slave society, and the chains we shackle our slaves with is the Almighty Dollar.

Just like Ancient Greece, we need at least eight slaves for every fee citizen to do the scutwork that props up our "free" society.

No one would ride a garbage truck for a pittance wage if they were free to do anything else--but they do it because they and their families would starve if they refused.

Ignorance, too, is a universally-applied tool to keep keep the slaves from ever learning that other options may exist...

In Florida, the average citizen is taxed so heavily that they cannot even afford to send their children to school. That's why, every year just before school starts, there are Tax Free Days when school supplies (and only school supplies) become tax-exempt.

6. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Taxes are essentially life long governmental indentured servitude. As has been said before on this forum, stop paying any of the applied taxes and see what happens.... I thought the 13th Amendment banned such practices, but who care about that. We will be repaying our debt to government for their ever growing guidance as we struggle through our petty lives.

Sorry.... I'm out of coffee....

Seawolf1090 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

These are a 'prebate' - paying you something now that you might get as a refund.

If you owe taxes, than just add this on top to what you owe. No thanks

The 2nd stimulus was paid to someone else's account, nothing to me. Just waiting for the IRS to come looking for me..

BTW - good luck in actually finding an IRS employee you can talk with on the telephone...

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  8. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

In Alabama the only property tax that must be paid and that cannot be discharged are the school taxes. A company built a solar-power farm in my county and wanted property taxes forgiven for a period of time, but Alabama law doesn't allow for the school tax part of the property tax to be forgiven.

Gator 45/70 and Altoidfishfins like this.
  9. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

In sunny Florida, we older single childless folks are saddled with paying school taxes with our property taxes too, as well as garbage service.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

Well the world isn't gonna stop just because we get old and then die...and everyone creates garbage!

Seawolf1090 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  11. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Ha, Some here refuse to pay garbage fee's, Like my Uncle when he was alive, Burned what he could and sold what he could and the rest had a spot in the woods,
    We came along after he died with a trackhoe and buried a bunch of cans and glass,
    We never managed to bury it all as we are still finding plies,

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7