You are not Bullet-proof

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Seacowboys, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

You are not Bullet-proof

I hate those days when I have to deal with a dead body before my first cup of coffee. It always seems to happen that way; I get up from a sound sleep and make the mistake of answering the phone before I have a few moments to compose myself. I hear a barrage of questions that make no sense at all and I hear the word fatality mixed into the diatribe. Let’s back up a minute!
    I am in a foreign country with a large crew of workers engaged in a very dangerous profession. Each day is a challenge and we are all aware of the risks associated with our jobs. We meet these challenges with training and experience and a bit of prayer, but mostly we meet these challenges with excitement, dedication, and professionalism. At the end of a day, there is satisfaction and sometimes, a bit of elation. The day to day stress is often relieved with a little too much drink. My boys play as hard as they work. They drive too fast and are quick to react on occasion when they should respond. Every single one of them can handle this. They are ten feet tall, bullet-proof, and will live forever.
    They know this and nothing will convince them otherwise.
    But sometimes, the bullet doesn’t bounce off of them and one of them dies. I see the grief bearing them down with a load nobody that will live forever should have to endure. I remind them that this isn’t about them; it is about the mother that no longer has a breathing son that grew inside her body. A man cannot know that kind of grief.

2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I hear you. I am currently on the other side of this mess we call living. I watch my daughter every day.

I think my heart would stop and my tongue drop out if you tole that she had died.

Sorry for your loss D

3. wildernessgal

wildernessgal Backwoods is a callin'

Sorry about "your loss" SeaCowboy,I know the feeling.

While living in S. Fl. I regularly felt that feeling... My very 1st boyfriend when I was a teen back in the 80's was shot & killed coming to my house. :(

If anything, I hope that you know that those "you lose" wouldn't want you to be unhappy/suffering (life is so very short ya know), so think about "THE GOOD TIMES" and keep smilin'! :)

Sincerely,
    ~Wildernessgal~

4. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Deepest sympathies... prayers sent and thoughts with you....

5. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Seacowboys

I

6. ozarkgoatman

ozarkgoatman Resident goat herder

Seacowboys

I know how you feel. When I was in the US Navy I was a Corpsman and alot of the time that I was in I was stationed with the Marines. We were all 10' tall and bullet prof. But on ocassion someone forgot to put on their superman suit before we went on a mission. It sucks when your responsable for keeping them alive and you can't. My heart goes out to you and your crew.

OGM

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7