You have one pair of boots

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by mikecrom83, Jan 8, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

I have something like these myself. Like slippers, I love them.
    DSC00159.JPG Skecher's

DSC00160.JPG And a well fitting pair of Ariat's is a great thing to have.

DSC00161.JPG Can't go wrong with Danner APB's either.

2. Mountain mama

Mountain mama Monkey++

You are a member of the big foot club for sure. My Dad wears a 15 also, some brands 16 and has to special order as his feet are long and narrow. My 3 sisters and i all wear a 12 in womens. So hard to find large sizes.

Seawolf1090 likes this.
  3. Unique

Unique Monkey

I wear Bellville Boots. They are American made and they are the most comfortable boots I have ever owned.

I have worked as a security guard since 2008, for 6 years of that time I worked on an undeveloped site on the East side of town. I did all foot patrols over rocks, up and down hills, in all kinds of weather, in dirt and mud and snow and concrete.

I walked an average of right around 1900 miles every year and the Bellevilles have held up I have had to resole them 3 times but they're still going strong. I currently do roving patrols (again on foot) on sites from the base of Pikes Peak to Peyton Colorado and they're still up to it although I'm pretty sure I'm going to replace them the next time the sole wears out.

I have tried other boots and destroyed them (Hermans, Vasques, Tevas and some kind of cheap cop boot that lasted 3 months) and nothing has lasted nearly as long as the Bellevilles. When I'm not at work I normally wear Tevas

Let me add that I hate zip side boots. The Bellevilles are lace ups. Also Bellevilles are readily available at the local surplus store for 20 bucks a pop. I've got 4 pairs.

Belleville Boots - Home

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
    Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
  4. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Monkey+++ Founding Member

After a near new pair of Zamberlans had a catastrophic failure on me in New Zealand this year (a whole 2 hrs after the helicopter dropped us in on ten day hunt) I have bought a pair of Lowas to try, so far (maybe 100 +/- km) they are great. Most comfortable out of the box boots I have ever had. I am still wearing Bates ICBs each day at work however.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Only because we get below freezing here a few days a year, and I'm restricted to one pair or boots, AND on the move, I'd grab my Matterhorn 10" insulated combat boots. Ugliest boots I've ever owned, but I've crossed chest deep water in them in Virginia in February, and stood on ranges from dawn til dusk for a decade of winters and my feet never got cold. They have hundreds of forced march miles on them and have never been resoled. They aren't light either, but after a bit you really don't notice. It's like driving a 5 ton truck for 30 days and then climbing in your Chevy C30 and feeling like it's a sports car, or shedding a flak and helmet and feeling like you can fly. For me they have a beauty all their own.
    Matterhorn. Yup, that does say MADE IN USA on the side. :)

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    Gray Wolf, Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
  6. Ripkor

Ripkor Electrician Technician Magician!

Probably gonna get a lot of backlash for this one, but I prefer the wolverines. Tried numerous boots and I just like the comfort and support on my archways. Plus they always last me at least a year.

7. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I need a new pair of snake boots, Been checking out the Lacrosse high top rubber boots, Anyone?

8. Rocky Road Lerp

Rocky Road Lerp Monkey+++

Ten Winters later, same pair of Irish Setters. Same soles. Don't think I could give a proper review of how good these boots have been to me. Needless to say, I have a brand new "back up" pair waiting their turn. 20221217_102322.

3M-TA3, SB21 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  1. HK_User
  2. RJB
  3. Andy the Aussie
  4. BenP
  5. Motomom34
  6. BlueDuck
  7. Dont
  8. Brokor
  9. GrandpaDave
  10. Tracy
  11. sci