Your Safety- A Poll

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by Yard Dart, Apr 26, 2015.

?
  1. I feel safe, knowing that there are federal, state & local police agencies looking out for my safety

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  2. I feel safe, but I have taken measures to ensure that I can protect myself until the police arrive.

21 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. I feel that the police will not help, therefore I have to protect myself.

14 vote(s)
    14.1%
  4. We are on our own...the police can do the paperwork after I have protected my family

62 vote(s)
    62.6%
  1. Mindgrinder

Mindgrinder Karma Pirate Ninja|RIP 12-25-2017

This is why you have posse comitatus. Your elite soldiers are fully capable and motivated for high kill counts and maximum damage.....as it should be in a time of war.
    THEY ARE NOT POLICE and NEVER SHOULD BE once mil-spec indoctrinated.
    National Guard? Ok...start on the Mexican border.
    You think JADE HELM while Baltimore is burning is a coincidence?
    Really?

Jussssst sayin' - and I have no dog in the fight...

[​IMG]

2. TailorMadeHell

TailorMadeHell Lurking Shadow Creature

Will not wait for someone to defend me or mine. The situation could be a legal nightmare afterwards though I would rather be there to fight it, than in a morgue. There are good cops out there and as some have said, they are disabled by their ROE much as we were in the later part of Iraq involvement. Also, look to the law and how binding it is. A woman can be stalked and the law won't do anything, other than issue a piece of paper, until that woman is found dead. They have said it before, and I'll say it again, the cops are not responsible for defending you from acts of violence. It started with the entitlement mentality.

Tully Mars and Yard Dart like this.
  3. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

The police have no duty to protect. The Supreme Court has ruled as such, but that is just a protective umbrella against law suits for police departments. The police do have a moral obligation to protect and respond. I doubt that in a life threatening situation they would flatly refuse. I know there are some areas, if they are called; the response time takes into account a stop at Dunkin Donuts for coffee....

Last edited: May 11, 2015
    Tully Mars, Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  4. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

techsar likes this.
  5. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

3Rd option no paperwork, the bad guy goes in the wood chipper.

6. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

That's a horrible thing to say...and what a waste.

Feed the pigs or at least the compost heap....

SB21 and techsar like this.
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

techsar likes this.
  8. Tempstar

Tempstar Monkey+++

Way too messy. The guts just shred into a stringy mess that tries to clog up the chute and the fluids run out all over your shoes. I mean, that's what I've heard.

SB21, Cruisin Sloth and techsar like this.
  9. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

The local police and the County Mounties are still good folk that will do their best. The Portland Disease hasn't quite gotten here yet, but unfortunately part of my County is in Portland so the Sheriff's resources tend to be tied up there.

The reality is that even though they will do their best the quickest they can get here is several minutes and it only takes a few seconds for almost any door to be defeated during a home invasion. Following that it only takes a few minutes for violent criminals to kill everyone in a house if that long. If you aren't ready to protect your family at a moment's notice you could easily be dead before help arrives.

The only real service provided by LE is by ensuring that criminals pay the consequences for their actions. This helps to keep the criminal element at bay. Police are rarely able to prevent a crime in progress.

In those parts of Portland and elsewhere that LE is being defunded and DA's are playing catch and release violent crime is skyrocketing. It's going to get even worse in those areas since the reaction of the politicians to the skyrocketing violence that they created is, you guessed it, to disarm law abiding citizens so they can't defend themselves.

Anyone anywhere that thinks LE can protect them even in normal times is living in fantasy land. They only way they could would to become a police state turning your homes and neighborhoods into your prison. I'd rather live free and be responsible for my own protection.

You can give me a Rooftop Korean any time.

techsar likes this.
  10. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Hey my wood chipper isn't that big, it's only limb size.
    I don't have pigs yet and no wild ones around here.

11. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Gotta be careful with hogs...had one in the neighborhood (several years back) chew off a chunk of a police unit...and it was occupied at the time [LMAO]

Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
  12. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

khttps://odysee.com/@thecrowhouse:2/Welcome-to-Your-New-Normal-Future:7

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7