Your thoughts on LineX coating on farm and survival vehicles

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by hank2222, Feb 14, 2011.

1. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

Ok what is your thoughts on the Line X spray or coating on trucks frames or beds of the trucks that we drive around on a daily basis and farm vehicles as need on the diff metal parts for long term survival of the metal for protection of them ..

I did use on the shelter body but that went into the ground so there is a limited amount of expouse to the outside elements ..

2. Wolfgang2000

Wolfgang2000 Monkey++

Have it in the bed of my truck and love it. The best thing I could have done.

Did you know that Line-X has a ballistic version? It's impressive.

3. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

I had my rifle hard plates sprayed with it and it great ..My underground tank home went into the ground with a base coating of the line -x-as the undercoat and the sherman williams tar paint as the top coat and it worked great so far ..

I had to dig up a area on the entance and put in a new stewage line for the reworked stewage pipe system with a flexable type 4.inchs round composite hose system out to the septic tank unit that will give with a nuclear blast shock wave or ground slap as it called ..Also love the fact that the new model composite hose is up to 8.inchs round as i can put out alot of stewage out of the tank as it need into the septic field bypassing the septic tank if it damage and i can not repair it ..

The area was like brand new for it had only been in the ground for about 1 1/2.year time frame and the area we had cut into for the new system to come out of the unit was bright shiny and new looking and i was looking at the coating under the area where the rocks gravel where and it showed no sign of beening nick or ding in any shape or form as we where pushing the rocks back into the area after digging it out from the area..

4. enough

enough Monkey++

IMO spray/paint on bedliner has its place, but just like paint it has its limitations. If you have open ended tubes on a box frame, you have exposed metal inside. You'd need to kill any rust that has started, cap the ends, and then coat it. We all know how hard it is to stop rust that has begun! Then again, I live in Michigan. Everything is rusty around here! I suppose the desert folks might have a different view. :)

I'm a fan of using it on the floor panels. Its a pain to clean really well, but I can also spray it out with a hose. ;)

5. Disciple

Disciple Monkey+

The stuff does serve a purpose......But here in the upper midwest it doesnt stop rust that already started so must be on good metal. If there is a Balistic varient to line-x I never knew it , But I sure am intrigued.

6. Wolfgang2000

Wolfgang2000 Monkey++

I believe there are some Youtube vids out on it.

7. hank2222

hank2222 Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7