Zucchini Recipes - because you can never have too many ways to use zuccs!

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Ganado, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

That is the coolest thing. It says you can spiral squash and sweet potatoes. I like the idea of spiral zucchini

Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  2. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I like how inexpensive it is =)

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    Yard Dart likes this.
  3. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

I have one, not really impressed, you need somebody to hold it in place while you use it cause it refuses to stick to the counter & I found it useless for making half the things it supposed to "Be absolutely wonderful for making" curly fries? Uh no.. Potato spirals.. No, yam/sweet potato anything.. No!!! etc etc.. OK for z'kinni noodles but not a whole lot else (and that was for the one with the best-est rating on amazon) Next time im going to look for a steel top feeding type as I suspect it would work much better... at least I wouldn't need hubby to hold the &%$^& thing whenever I need noodles

Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  4. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Granny's Zucchini
    Slice about 1 medium sized zucchini per person and one medium to large onion for every 2 zucchini. Heat 2 or 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large, wide pan. Add the onions & zucchini along with 1-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped. Cover and cook 5-10 minutes, stirring now and then, until the vegetables become translucent and limp. Remove the cover and stir in grated Parmesan. How much is up to you. We adore it with about a cup of Parmesan to 5 or 6 zucchini, but often make it with far less in the interests of diet or pocketbook. You can, BTW, add tomatoes to this.

On the Grill: Put the zucchini, onion & garlic on a large piece of heavy duty foil. Sprinkle with the olive oil & finely chopped garlic. Roll and seal the seams to make a leak-proof packet. Grill about 40 minutes, turning several times. Add cheese just before serving.

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

I took Moto's zucchini pizza recipe and simplified it.

2 C grated zucchini
    1 egg
    Italian seasoning (oregano, sage, thyme, dash marjorum)
    Garlic minces or use garlic powder
    pepper to taste (i add a short shake of cayenne and black)
    1/2 cheese (i mix mozzerella and parmisan)

bake in oven on oiled parchment paper @ 400 for 30 min

The key to cooking with no flour is to get all the excess moisture out of the grated zucchini

Squeeze with your hands then put in a colander to drain for a couple of hours before you mix in egg and seasoning into the zucchini. You can of course, just continue to sqeeze with your hands but im lazy and never in a hurry when i cook. Pat out into individual servings for mini pizzas and serve with sauce and topping of your choice. I freeze extra's with a layer of wax paper in between.

Motomom34 likes this.
  6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

Creamy Zucchini Soup
    2 lbs zucchini, about 4-5, chopped, but leave peel on for color
    ¾ cup onion, chopped
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1 tablespoon butter, ghee or olive oil
    1 tsp salt
    3 cups chicken stock
    ¼ cup packed fresh basil leaves

Cook the onion and garlic in butter/ghee for about 3-5 minutes in a soup pot over medium low heat. Add the zucchini and salt, turn the heat to medium and cook for an additional 5 minutes. Add the chicken stock and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in basil. Puree with an immersion blender or pour into a blender. This also freezes well

AND its KETO friendly.

I did have to add some more spice to this recipe because i like spicy soups. But the basic recipe is good

7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Someone gifted me a vegetable spaghetti maker. It is the manual one and very easy. Tonight I made my first batch of zucchini spaghetti.

IMG_3790.JPG

Dinner:

Chunked up some pre-cooked spicy chicken sausage
    Spaghetti'ed 3 zucchinis
    Tossed it all in a pan with some olive oil and then added about 2 Tbsp of Trader Joe's Asian style spicy peanut vinaigrette.
    Cooked on low for a bit and dinner was done. Healthy, quick and simple plus everyone really liked it.

* the zucchini is watery so I had to drain a bit of liquid.

Ganado likes this.
  8. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

1. Ganado
  2. Yard Dart
    [IMG]
    Thread by: Yard Dart, Mar 20, 2020, 10 replies, in forum: Back to Basics
  3. sec_monkey
    Blueberry fritters enjoy (y) (y) Blueberry Fritters
    Thread by: sec_monkey, Jun 8, 2019, 5 replies, in forum: Recipes
  4. Motomom34
  5. DKR