1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Chunky Soup vs. Cup Noodles

Discussion in 'Blogs' started by Brokor, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Nissen makes cup noodles, a remarkable microwave innovation. Calories: 270 per serving -two serving container known as a "cup", which resembles a large bowl = 540 calories. Total carbohydrate: 38g (76g total) Protein: 6g (12 total). This hefty, yet somehow light soup boasts a remarkable 10g total fat, thus subtracting the protein we are left with only 4g (8 total due to there being two servings in the bowl). Very nice. Even comes with a vegetable packet and a handy little flavor finishing touch packet of broth, which is just condensed chicken broth. Or something.

Chunky Soup...hmm, hmm, is it good? Well, let's see. I chose "Grilled Sirloin Steak", which is neither grilled nor steak, and it certainly isn't sirloin. But, I digress. Calories: 130\ servings: 2 per can = 260 cal total. Carbohydrate: 19g, which equals 38g total. Protein: 8g (16 total). Total fat: only 2g, so that makes 4g in the can. Let's see here... that leaves us with a negative factor in the fat category. My head hurts.

I chose to eat the Chunky. I shall save the cup soup until tomorrow when I require further sustainance.
  2. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

That's classic. I Just love marketing.
  3. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Buying stock in General Mills?
  4. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Chunky Soup is sooo expensive! I get Cup of Noodles at 3 or 4 for $1 and ya can't beat 'em. They need hot sauce though.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Ewww! Hot sauce?

I have to try that.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary