Gasoline Stabilizers- opinions Pri-G v. Sta-Bil?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by stg58, Jan 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

With gas down in price I have been running down my stock in anticipation of a major re-supply.

I have always used Sta-Bil with positive results even on gas with ethanol but I see there are many who swear by Pri-G and everything I have read leads me to be more inclined for a switch to Pri-G.

100% gas will be what I will be restocking on, any thoughts on the Sta-Bil v. Pri-G?

Marck and Motomom34 like this.
  2. tedrow42

tedrow42 Monkey+

hmm gotta check that out. never heard of it. my question is where do you get 100% gas?

3. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

I have a guy who knows a guy that he used to work with and his sister says she can get me some of the good stuff..Just bring cash.

Seriously no ethanol gas is available.

http://pure-gas.org

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
    Marck, Mountainman and tedrow42 like this.
  4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I've always used Sta-bil. Always worked over winter at least.

5. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I have been doing the same thing lately and had the same question..... good thread!!

Motomom34 likes this.
  6. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

I've switched over to Pri-G/D Marine grade. All the serious boaters I've talked to swear by it. Supposed to work a bit better than Sta-Bil. I can't say for sure as I haven't used any that's been stored for longer than 12 mo. PRI Advanced Fuel Treatments

Yard Dart likes this.
  7. tedrow42

tedrow42 Monkey+

that site helped alot! the only place within 50miles of me that sells it is a marina and there pump is on a dock. well where i just moved from. the town im just setaling into has 3. all 90 octane. might see if i can get a drum of the 100 stuff when i get a good place to put it

8. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

I always used PRI-D when I drove a Cummins powered truck. We use it now in the backup gen tanks too. Never used PRI-G but my understanding was that gas degrades no matter what over time and stabilizers just keep your carbs and lines from gumming up but that's just my uneducated and untested thoughts on it. Diesel is down too

9. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

I store non ethanol premium (92) with Sta-Bil and rotate it out after 18 months and have had no problems with it.

10. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Been using Stabil for years, with good results. See no reason to change.

11. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Just picked up a bottle of marine stabil today.

12. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  13. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Around here it is at the Cenex stations

14. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I've burned gas treated with Sta-Bil that was 4 years old through a generator. Worked just fine.
    Don't think I'd pour gas that old into a fuel-injected vehicle though.
    It's a fairly simple matter to clean out a carburator on a small engine if old gas poses a problem. A gummed up fuel injector on something as critical as a motor vehicle is another matter altogether.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
  15. smithcp2002

smithcp2002 Monkey+++

Just started a snow machine that has 2 year old gas with SeaFoam. Sled under a 2x4 tarp shed for two years and it started on the 5 th pull. I have used on an old Detroit with a hung up injector and old fuel. Even with this garbage that is called gas in commeMassachuttes it has not let me down on long term storage fuels.

Prime8 and GOG like this.
  1. Bandit99
  2. duane
  3. oldman11
  4. TnAndy
  5. Asia-Off-Grid
  6. Asia-Off-Grid
  7. Asia-Off-Grid
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
    Resource

Biogas Notes 2008

Biogas Notes, By Paul Harris. [IMG]