Go Trump..........

Discussion in 'Politics' started by rjburk, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

He's a college student, a product of the California public school system and UC indoctrination. :rolleyes:

2. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

Life is cruel. Some of us win and others not so much. Sick but true.

Dunerunner likes this.
  3. rjburk

rjburk Monkey

good post.......the U.S. has been the one carrying the load none of these other countries want to for so long they expect us to keep doing it.....that is ending.....and now that we have a POTUS who is saying no more, we are still the bad guys.....the other countries can man up or deport them back where they came from or whatever.....the one thing that always gets me is.....If the U.S. is so BAD as so many say ? Why do they want to come here ? Gotta love non-Americans who do nothing but bash America and yet expect America to do everything for them, whinyass hypocrites....The U.S. has major problems, but no other Country has an issue of American Refugees trying to flood into their country.....that is what hurts the little liberal feelings of those people....Americans are tired of bottle feeding so many countries and people who won't stand up for themselves.....Americans proved when the time is right WE will stand up.....Ask the British and it just happened a short time ago.....a Revolution at the Voting Booth...Go Trump.....

4. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Chell, I am disappointed in you. I expect Godwin to rule the rants of the clueless, mindless snowflakes, but I had always considered you to be more intelligent than that.

Altoidfishfins and rjburk like this.
  5. Seepalaces

Seepalaces Monkey+++

They are actually referring to a much advertised phone call between the Australian PM and Trump. My understanding of the phone call is that Trump seemed to be suggesting the initial deal wasn't great for the US. I think the real issue is that the world is struggling with what a US leader who vocally advocates US interests might mean for them.
    I actually think we can come to common ground. The state department's job will be far easier now. Instead of a super power that meanders in and out of whatever virtue signalling seems vogue, now the incentive is to solve the problem. The perverse incentives of political correctness have harmed our capacity to deal with problems. The problem is the Syrian civil war. The suicide rate among refugees hovers at 60%. No one who is truly compassionate would ever try to create refugees. Thus, if we're truly compassionate, we need to deal with the problem and stop virtue signalling and spouting ridiculous rhetoric about racism for political reasons.
    Trump is doing precisely what the other nations should do. He's saying that we're done playing silly word games. Until there is an international plan to fix this atrocity, we're out. The EU had a plan in place that refugees should be sheltered in the first nation they touched ground in (Turkey). Instead of trying to play "distribute the foreigner", they should have stuck to the plan and played "give the country with lots of refugees more money". If they had created more temporary housing in Turkey for the refugees, they would have lowered the suicide rate and raised the odds that the Syrian war would be short lived. Also, they could have prevented the recent attempted coup in Turkey, which might have prevented Erdogan from becoming a dictator. Instead they wanted to milk the crisis for political points. This meandering away from central EU policy has extended the Syrian civil war. In Europes' attempt to appear "kind", they have created circumstances that will kill thousands.
    Rousseau was right. It is the first obligation of a nation state to protect their citizens, not lecture other people on civility.

6. rjburk

rjburk Monkey

Liberals are easy to spot and draw out, especially foreign ones.....

7. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Obviously you, (and perhaps @rjburk, given that he has liked your post), do not seem to fully understand Godwin's Law, its applicability, and more importantly, criticisms of it's invocation.

Emboldening emphasis mine V.C.

Godwin's Law has its critics,
    Emboldening emphasis mine V.C.

Had you, (and perhaps rjburk), carefully read my earlier post Go Trump.......... | Survival Monkey Forums, you might have noticed that I was comparing the nationalistic jingoism of post-Weimar Germany, to contemporary America. It was not simply a direct comparison between Il Drumpfe and Hitler. Uncritical, cultish worship of any authoritarian leader, may initially be a voluntary phenomenon, that over time becomes tends to become mandatory. I needn't have relied upon a notional, nut frozen Wehrmacht soldier as an example,....This man....

upload_2017-2-5_10-1-2.
    would have done just as well. Dietrich Bonhoeffer - Wikipedia

I wonder what will become of all those "Make America Great Again" hats, should America experience its own Gotterdammerung, with Trumpery at its helm?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
    Yard Dart, Mountainman and Brokor like this.
  8. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Give it time, @chelloveck --folks will see, in time that Trump isn't going to save America. For the time being, I am just thankful the female version of Satan isn't at the helm...and that's about all we really have to be proud of aside from the occasional snowflake controversy, which I admit does grant some semblance of joy and contentment.

I can see myself sitting with an ice cold beer in hand, shooting the breeze with Chello and arguing over the finer points. I have a feeling that, in the end we will see eye-to-eye and resign ourselves to just admitting we are powerless unless we shove a pry bar into the gears of the machine. Arguing over politics today is silly; there's absolutely no sanity in failing to recognize we are repeating the same old mistakes. If voting actually worked, it would certainly be illegal.

Byte, chelloveck, Seepalaces and 4 others like this.
  9. Meat

Meat Monkey+++

^Good post. Even though Chell is one of my favorite posters, foreigners don't fully understand the USA. :D

Brokor, chelloveck and Seepalaces like this.
  10. Dunerunner

Brokor.... You're a defeatist? Where is the Hope for Change?

I have to admit, at time it does seem hopeless and nothing short of Alien intervention will unite the people of this planet.

Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!

[​IMG]

chelloveck and Seepalaces like this.
  11. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

I very much welcome that opportunity; as I would also welcome meeting up with a number of my American confreres. Should I manage to survive Drumpfe's "intensive vetting" I'll give you some notice should I come State side. (y)

Change may come for the better, or for the worse. Although we should never lose hope for the better, we should not just passively rely on hope. Being proactive about creating a better future seems to be a better option than just " ...Thinkin' and a-prayin', wishin' and a-hopin'..."

A great film, Dunerunner...I like the original, better than the remake. (y)

Mountainman, Dunerunner and Brokor like this.
  12. Brokor

No. Hope is a luxury only fools can afford to own. I'm more of a pragmatist than anything else. Time will prove to the deniers far more than anything I can provide as evidence, and as such, time becomes an ally in an otherwise unforgiving arena.

chelloveck and Dunerunner like this.
  13. Dunerunner

Agreed!!

Especially the "Burned Out Cinder" line....

14. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I don't expect him to save America....but comparisons to Hitler are so silly that I would not expect any intelligent person to utter such nonsense. That said - perhaps in the future such comparisons will be valid...let's hope not...but until that time such comparisons indicate that one is more butt-hurt than intelligent. ;)

Yard Dart and Brokor like this.
  15. Brokor

Yes, I think he's far too Irish to be a Nazi, anyway. Seriously, though...they are all Fascists. Every "President" who continues this private banking scheme and theft (taxation) levied on the People are Fascists. Every President who continues their reign without properly addressing the 14th and 16th Amendments and the fact they are not ratified, every one of them who supports the continuance of this corporation age (corporations are the government) is guilty of treason and complicity perpetuating Fascism.

The reality of it all is quite stark, because the only way to "make America great again", is to first utterly destroy it. But, that's just my two cents.

Byte likes this.
  16. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Don't forget the original 13th amendment that was properly ratified and published as such.

17. Dunerunner

I believe destroying the United States to make it great again would be throwing the baby out with the bath water. The Constitution is sound, the only thing that The Founding Fathers forgot was that there had to be someone other than the Government enforcing it.

The People of today are too wrapped up in what's the next cool thing or sweet app. for their portable intelligence than to be aware enough of the erosion of their freedom.

chelloveck likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7