Para cord bracelet

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Nov 14, 2005.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

This was just sent to me. A way to keep 10 feet of para on your person... I suppose you could also make a hat band or other length to suit you purpose.
    I don't know who authored this but want to thank them...

[​IMG]

http://www.survivalmonkey.com/melbo9/550_cord_bracelet.pdf

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Sweet, is that how you plan on scaling the Folsum walls?

3. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

:lol:

4. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Just make a shirt out of it - then you'll have lots and look [grlft] too!

5. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

If you wrap your extension cord like that they will make for easy moving from job to job. b::

6. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Nice....
    I've seen the cords wrapped that way on construction trucks....
    I've also see belts weaved the same way to get even more cordage.....
    Great Idea!

7. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yup, thats what I was just going to suggest. Braid a belt out of it and you could pretty easily have a very functional belt and if needed it could be unraveled and have a couple hundred feet at least of cord, a few feet of which could be cut off and used to hold up your pants ala Jethro Bodeen. I keep about 50' of 770 braided as a hat band.

8. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

In survival school, we are taught to braid a donut of 550 cord. I make 25' donuts for our survival vest, and 100' donuts for the survival kit. When you get in the wild and need to take your mind off whatever is corrupting your thoughts, unroll your donut and start over. The survival donut allows you to take just what you need, yet keeps the rest of the donut tightly wound. Not as attractive as a bracelet, but just as functional.

9. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yeah, if you kind of crochet it you can also just unravel what you need and if its tied around something (like a hat or your wrist) then you just undo a few extra inches and itcan still be tied on it just isnt as thick at that end.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7