1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Portable bow

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by LoganW, Dec 16, 2013.

1. LoganW

LoganW Monkey

Hi - I was wondering if there is such thing as a portable bow? Because I may just have to get it,;)

2. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey Site Supporter

All bow's are portable.;)
    Now if it is a take down, I do believe there are some that are offered. I have not shopped for a bow in long time and think that I may need to start considering that..
    chelloveck likes this.
  3. LoganW

LoganW Monkey

Yeah that's what I mean, I'm really...really tired today
  4. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey Site Supporter

I know tired very well..
    And I was not picking at you..
    chelloveck likes this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

chelloveck likes this.
  6. LoganW

LoganW Monkey

I know that Don't I was just clearing that up, and thanks for the links Brokor!!!
    Brokor likes this.
  7. That would be pretty awesome, id buy one fore sure. something that would fit in a back pack or bug out bag
  8. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Take down bows certainly have their advantages, and are worthy of consideration by the prepper who is making bug-out contingency plans.

Survival Take Down Bow & Arrow: 6 Reasons You Should Consider Getting One |

Although it is possible to construct your own take-down re-curve bow, it will probably be less effort to simply buy one. Below is a link to a website that provides a step by step description of how to make a take down bow.

Via: Pirates Of Archery • View topic - build along for my bro

A cheaper and slightly easier DIY take down bow can be fabricated by using unwanted skis. Instructions provided by the following website:

Via: http://cdn.instructables.com/F9I/6U07/HI3TOVLN/F9I6U07HI3TOVLN.LARGE.jpg

Making a PVC take down bow looks pretty simple, and the raw materials and equipment would seem to be very affordable

Make A PVC Takedown Bow, REALLY POWERFULL - YouTube

9. EtDub

EtDub Monkey

Pocket hunter?

Sent from my MiPhone !
  10. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Martin Archery makes some great take down bows
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary