Re: Facebook Re: Amazon Ring Re: 4GW

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Grandpa Patch, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

Really have no idea where to put this. Moderators please move to where it needs to be, if at all.

I read some of this just before the holiday week got a hold of me and some during this last week. I have had a 'thought' or 'idea' riding around in my head over all of this. The last time I went to the Dr. they told me 'No critical thinking for 24hrs', maybe they were off on the timeline and I should still be prohibited from 'critical thinking'. Anyways, here goes.....

FaceCrack has made a mess of privacy in or during the process of making/fulfilling all the different 'contracts' with other companies. See thread Facebook Allowed 3rd Parties To Read And Delete Users Private Messages created on Wednesday, December 19th, 2018 by @sec_monkey. Amazon has created a doorbell that using video and a connection with various LEO's to use their Rekognition software. See thread Every Move You Make, Every Breath You Take - Amazon Doorbell and Your Neighborhood created on Sunday, December 23rd, 2018 by @3M-TA3. FaceCrack has a lot of user's who have 'friends' lists that are longer than my family tree. Those friends list often include an actual image of the person, date of birth, address, phone number and occupation. Amazon's Ring can survey your front porch 24/7, unless you back up generator doesn't kick on. Amazon is one of the companies that have made contracts with FaceCrack. See thread 4th Gen Warfare created on Friday, 28th of December, 2018 by @deMolay about for references to thugs and other labels that could possibly identify someone in the way of our government for having too many snickers bars stockpiled (aka hoarded) in their refrigerator.

Why not combine all of this into one tool. Amazon supplies the Ring with video, Facebook provides the 'friends list', Amazon's Rekognition software and local LEO's provide the leg work (and paper work). So build a 'Sally Port' extension out from your gate or front door. The inner door being secured until you open it. The outer door would be unlocked to anyone wishing to open the door FROM THE OUTSIDE. Once they are inside your Sally Port, the Amazon Ring would take care of the identification process as Facebook can provide Amazon with addition photos for their Rekognition software that they (or local LEOs) may not have. Add in Microsoft (who also has/had a contract with Facebook and is therefore indirectly linked to Amazon) to provide servers, wiring solutions, technicians and server monitor and redundancy personnel. Then let us add in some IFF (Identification Friend or Foe) from the military technology and let the civilian corporations pump money into advancing IFF into image capable facial recognition for the home based end user.

Not only could you assist local LEOs with catching people with speeding tickets and donut shop parking violations, but you could also easily identify additional civilians for local LEOs to add to their ever increasing database, that all feeds the national LEOs database. If it's that troublesome neighbor or irritating in-law that you don't like. Then you could take your time and think about which door you want to open. Let them in or let them out?....... or you could hold them (in your Sally Port) until the local LEOs arrive. Then you would make headline FauxNews for making a civilian arrest on a wanted and dangerous donut shop customer. A devious person who always parks across two spaces and eats the maple bars before the local LEOs show up for donuts and coffee.

12/19/2018 - Facebook Privacy
    12/23/2018 - Amazon Ring
    12/28/2018 - 4GW

Coincidental timing or are the strings starting to unravel on the ever increasing violations of our civil rights under the user friendly ever convenient guise of 'must have technology'?

FWIW....

Dont, Ura-Ki, techsar and 3 others like this.
  2. sec_monkey

sec_monkey SM Security Administrator

smartphones are the worst, smart home devices are a close 2nd. [ thermostats, doorbells, smart locks, smart TVs, .. .. ]

the best way to deal with that is to build yer own or have Lucy n trunk monkey build them for ya, and to keep em off of the internet whenever possible

IoT [ internet of things ] devices are really really bad

Dont, SB21, techsar and 4 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7