So what did you put away this week?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by melbo, Aug 9, 2006.

1. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

I put my bike together, hooked on the trailer and took it for a spin. It's 48 miles to my BOL if I have to ride it. Got new bikes for my wife and step daughter as well. Now, I have to get in shape to make it there in a reasonable time. The girls just like the bikes. A prep win win.

2. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Magazines and ammunition....

Gator 45/70 and Yard Dart like this.
  3. Kingfish

Kingfish Self Reliant

Cases of 12 cans veggies. 6 bucks a case. Bought 9 cases.

Gator 45/70 and T. Riley like this.
  4. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I cut a couple of my fingers having a dumb shiite moment with my circular saw last weekend...so this weekend I had to suck it up and go all manly-man to split 1 cord and stack about 2 cords of firewood with essentially one working hand. Now I am walking all sideways with one arm all buffed up while the other is still all skinny, gurly and bandaged. :D

still need to cut, split and stack about another cord to fill my woodshed before winter...hopefully using both hands again.

Gator 45/70, Yard Dart and T. Riley like this.
  5. kemps

kemps Monkey

I got some more freebies this week. My hubby got lucky and got an ax for free. (we live in an apartment still and he is the caretaker) A guy who had been evicted left all his stuff and so his apartment was being cleaned out. We did also get some other stuff but it is less prepper stuff and more every day comfort stuff (a lamp, a vacuum and an electric wok) I also got a ton of blankets, a water cooler, some candles and some glass jars/containers for free, and it's only Monday. I am in the works with a few people regarding a few other items too. Woot.

Besides that we went to Dollar Tree last night and got some various shelf stable food items. I am also cleaning out more pop bottles (in addition to the ones from last week) and filling them with water. I got 5 done so far but my health has been bad for the last few weeks (winters are super hard for me) so it's been slow going. I am trying to expand on our water storage so I might buy some bottled water to supplement.

techsar, Ganado and 3M-TA3 like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I hope you do not mean glass bottles ---

7. kemps

kemps Monkey

No, plastic 2 liter bottles.

8. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

This week was medical and personal hygiene week - bandages, gauze, tripleA, OTC meds, TP, tampons, condoms, soaps, etc. and more HONEY. These are things that my wife was assigned to keep up, but had been falling behind on (but we now have like 8 different electric crock pots, dozens of new assorted wall-hangings and other, what I like to call JUNK!). We had a talk last week and I pretty much told her to consider now thru Thanksgiving as a time of MAJOR risk of bad stuff happening and to make prepping accordingly a priority.

Gator 45/70, Motomom34 and Ganado like this.
  9. kemps

kemps Monkey

I have also been dialing up prepping by a thousand. I am lucky that I am the main one that focuses on prepping and I also handle the household and food list/budget. My husband is on board for the most part though I can sometimes be a little more hardcore than him. But he is super supportive and helps me out all the time.

Gator 45/70, mysterymet and Yard Dart like this.
  10. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Gun Fairy smiled on me this month, 1000 308 for 200 and 600 223 for 125

11. mysterymet

mysterymet Monkey+++

The gun fairy is indeed kind. Good prices.

12. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Gator 45/70 and Motomom34 like this.
  13. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

5.56.. about 420 of 'em!

stg58 and Motomom34 like this.
  14. STANGF150

STANGF150 Knowledge Seeker

I spent the first half of this year trying to commit suicide by work. 6 straight 12 hour nights, two nights off then another 6. Turns out it failed cuz apparently I'm tougher than that, or too dumb to give up. As a result of overworking I had the funds for my recent spree over the last few months. About 4 more firearms followed me home as well as a significant amount of ammo. Just for curiosity's sake 1000rd case of .45acp weighs 48.6 pounds. Carrying it from the truck my tired arms got curious so put it on the bathroom scale. Walmart recently had nice .50cal sized new metal ammo cans so I was able to get enough for all my purchases & older ammo. As well as inventory what I had, then purchase more ammo to make up any shortfalls. Turns out at home I have 36 ammo cans in my closet now. I never have found 30-30 ammo in bulk so never had much but finally dropped the $$$ to have a significant amount for my only "Hunting" firearm. I liked my first S&W firearm so much I later went back & bought a second S&W 442 J-frame airweight. Just waiting on my order from XS Sights to come in so both can have night sights as well as a few other firearms I have. Including, thanks to a part of HalfFast's Lights Out, sum AR15 Night Sights. An EOTech Holographic Sight is nice to have I've found, but it seems odd such a WIDE sight on a skinny lil AR!

Gator 45/70, Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  15. T. Riley

T. Riley Monkey+++

Ordered 3 more S&W M&P15's, my "Hillary May Win" insurance and 20 PMags.

16. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

Costco of all places has new ammo can 1 50 cal and 1 30 cal inside 19.99 picked up a couple

17. STANGF150

Try Walmart for $12 & change!

Gator 45/70 and Motomom34 like this.
  18. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

19. stg58

stg58 Monkey+++ Founding Member

Ammo ammo and more ammo.
    Food food and more food.
    Cashing out of some stocks moving into "other" investments.
    Wednesday may be the start of a bad four years after eight bad barry years.

20. STANGF150

A Mossberg 500 Cruiser in 20 gauge followed me home along with a case of 20 gauge shells. I just wanna know what kinda sick person puts a dowel in the mag tube of a pistol grip only shotgun? I couldn't figure out why only two shells would fit. So then I did what most males do after we finally admit we have no clue why sumthing we bought not working right. I read the manual. It said it was put in as a shell limiter for hunting. I have my doubts of anyone hunting with a Mossberg 500 Cruiser! Manual also claims it'll hold 6 shells in the tube but I can only manage 5. Now just need to get a sidesaddle shell holder for it.

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. Dunerunner
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Thunder5Ranch
  10. Dunerunner
  11. Dunerunner
  12. Dunerunner