What Happened Couldn't Get On For Like Forever?

Discussion in 'General Survival and Preparedness' started by ED GEiN, Nov 23, 2019.

1. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Anyone?

2. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

technology.

Yard Dart and ED GEiN like this.
  3. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

4. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Or, you could read the notices. :whistle:

VisuTrac, DarkLight and chelloveck like this.
  5. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Nah, just easier to ask someone than to expend effort in searching for the answer. Or reading the banner notice.

oldawg and ghrit like this.
  6. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

It's happened before. I just checked each couple days, and just now found the tree back up.

sec_monkey and chelloveck like this.
  7. john316

john316 Monkey+++

great to be back

sec_monkey and SB21 like this.
  8. ED GEiN

ED GEiN Monkey+++

Congratulations you summed up the difference between us in a few short words and why I can't stand you. I have no idea where "The Notices" are and why should I? You seem to think that people who go on here all should know where everything is when they're just going to particular section and not lurking otherwise. I did see the few words "System Breakdown" by itself. I desired more detail. Almost every time I am on here I find myself bothered by your existence, That has not changed

9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It is of no consequence to site function and usefulness whether you can stand me or not. Notices are ALWAYS at the top of the page, both when you open the site AND when you are logged on (but not in the threads.) You should certainly know that, you have been a member long enough. If details become relevant, they will be coming in due course; more than what's in the notices is all that's needed for now. Your desire for more detail will need to wait, and is immaterial. PLEASE NOTE THAT NOTICES ARE NOT LABELED AS NOTICES, THEY ARE JUST THERE OR NOT.

There ARE cures for the bothers that seem to affect you.

You must forgive me for chiding you in public, but in the past, civilized answers pointing things out to you have been ineffective. Be advised that pursuing this path will get you a short vacation.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
    GrayGhost and Cruisin Sloth like this.
  10. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Unless you are “Blind” Eddie the Notice was posted on the MAIN PAGE at the Top, in the Site Announcements Forum.... This was posted the morning of the first issue when the SSL Certificate timed out... It has been added too regularly, right up until the Site quite answering DNS queries.... I guess maybe we should make these Site Announcements Blink Red and Green with a siren sounding, to make sure you notice them... We might take that under consideration, once the Site is fully restored...

11. Pyrrhus

Pyrrhus Monkey+++

Steady.

12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Reeducation

13. TXKajun

TXKajun Monkey+++

Ahh, I can post again. Thanks

14. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Wow Liked worked , the rest is still s C r E w Y . really bad ,, don't push it .. Chat is down , and search is lost

S

15. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

You said it!!

16. hot diggity

hot diggity Monkey+++ Site Supporter+++

Hopefully our contributions help. I like the idea of redundancy with the survivalmonkeys.com site. I've been without power and cellular communication during storms before, but this was the first major loss of SM connectivity I've seen. It was comforting to have outside communication channels that could help keep tabs on the repairs.

Not a contributor? Wanted - Site Supporters

Mountainman, Yard Dart and oldawg like this.
  17. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Hey Chell, get over to survivalmonkeys and sign up. Redundancy! And they said they would probably let you in. ;)

Gator 45/70, chelloveck and Motomom34 like this.
  18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

The staff has been trolling you for two years Ed, did you really think it was ever going to change? After your last thread where they all gang piled on you, it should’ve been obvious. Personally I think your threads are quite interesting because you bring a different perspective.

19. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I got nothing man,I'm pretty much a knuckle dragging mossy-back Squatch when it comes to site maintenance and problems!

Set back,Read and ask questions.

Are we doing anything to plan out lets say evacuation of yourself in any untimely major events?

oldawg, Yard Dart and VisuTrac like this.
  20. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

Well no one had any trouble finding me on FB and PMing me the situation with the monkey and where to find the back up Monkey :) And Ed I actually like yer post, they are very often a great example of how little the average person now days knows and how poorly prepared and planned folks really are. You at least ask questions and have a interest in improving yer situation.......... more than I can say about most folks.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7