Answers to SM Anniversary Trivia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I miss clucking hens........ it was home ;)

RightHand likes this.
  2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

LOL

Others might dislike it because it was too much like home

Yard Dart likes this.
  3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Trivia Question 20 - July 20, 2015
    What is a Dakota fire hole?

Answer: If you are wanting to hide a fire, or to use the least amount of wood possible, dig a Dakota fire hole!
    How to Hide a Fire

Brokor likes this.
  4. RightHand

Trivia Question 21 - July 21, 2015
    Who is the founding member and good friend who is known as our resident parrothead and in need of the good thoughts and prayers of all 11,000 SM members

Answer: Of course, we all know it's CRC and since the question was posted last night, I'm certain that her heart has felt our thoughts and prayers. Think of her every day as she would think of you if the need arose.

Brokor, kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  5. RightHand

Trivia Question 22 - July 22, 2015
    How do you shop on Amazon through SM and what happens when you do?

You can access Amazon linked to SM by pressing the "SHOP" icon on the menu bar at the top of every page. By accessing Amazon through this link, Survival Monkey derives a very small incentive but many small incentives can grow into a nice tidy bonus to help cover the expense of maintaining the servers, bandwidth, etc. Just so everyone understands, the positions of Administrators and Moderators of SM are strictly voluntary and they receive no financial gain - but they do have a good time and make good friends and that's worth more than gold.

ghrit and Yard Dart like this.
  6. RightHand

Trivia Question 23 - July 23, 2015
    What book was chosen for the first (and only) formal book discussion on SM

Answer: Animal Farm by George Orwell

Clyde: "
    I had a thought this morning about our direction in this country. Wouldn't it be fun to take a few weeks to read the book, kind of like a book club, and discuss the similarities of the allegory with today's put together our own Animal Farm cast of characters from today's government?

If you are interested, please let me know as I am looking to exercise my mind."

Yard Dart and Motomom34 like this.
  7. RightHand

Trivia Question 24 - July 24, 2015
    Which thread taught us how to make an arrow head?
    Answer:
    Into the Iron Age, Arrow Point
    Bushcraft Forum by Sticks65
    "After my latest visit to the museum and seeing all the arrow heads and so on it inspired me to make one out of metal.
    I worked as a metal worker In the local engineering trade for over 10 years so made short work of this,it took about an hour.

I used files and a vise,no electrical tools,It was hard work but a lot of fun to do,I tend to get lost in the project when making things and find it relaxing to.

When I had finished all the file work I heated the point up using a blow torch and quenched it in water,then refiled the edges.

Its not perfect but im pleased with it"

I copied the design from an ornamental arrow point."

8. RightHand

ghrit likes this.
  9. RightHand

Trivia Question 26 - July 26, 2015
    Who opened a thread with the following quote and what is the thread titled:
    "The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary. -H.L. Mencken"

Answer: melbo, thread "Get Up, stand up, stand up for your rights" in the Freedom and Liberty Forum

10. RightHand

Trivia Question 27 - July 27, 2015 One for the old timers...
    Who was the first SM member

Answer: melbo

I was tired last night after a long work weekend an not feeling too creative. I thought there would be an answer within 30 seconds LOL Just goes to prove that old adage about the forest and the trees.

11. Yard Dart

Would the answer technically be: https://www.survivalmonkey.com/members/xenmin.1/

Brokor likes this.
  12. RightHand

Not technically a member, but rather startup. However, I'll give you that one because you were so diligent in your search LOL

Brokor and Yard Dart like this.
  13. Yard Dart

[touchdown]

RightHand likes this.
  14. Yard Dart

Just for full disclosure....Brokor figured it out first. (y)

Brokor likes this.
  15. RightHand

He's such a smarty pants! LOL And always willing to share what he knows

Yard Dart and Brokor like this.
  16. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Hm. With a join date of 2012, xenmin1 just ain't a first member here. He helped mightily with the conversion from vB to xF.

Brokor and RightHand like this.
  17. RightHand

Trivia Question 27 - July 27, 2015
    Which 2 members became LEO's after joining SM? (One is easy, the other slightly more challenging)

Answer: Monkeyman and E.L. We have several other LEO but these are the two who reached that goal after the beginning of SM

18. RightHand

Trivia Question 29 - July 29, 2015
    Think you know your SM friends? Which member is "Insatiably Curious?"

Answer: Yes, our own Tracy sunshine

19. RightHand

Trivia Question 30 - July 30, 2015
    Blood Sports - a 3 Part Question
    Part 1 - Which blood type is know as the Universal Blood Donor. While not truly universal, certainly safe for many others to
    receive
    Answer - Part 1: While not truly universal, certainly safe for many others to receive O Neg
    Survival Medicine Blood Types

Answer - Part 2: - What thread taught us the correct way to apply a tourniquet
    Tourniquet

Answer - Part 3: What thread discussed measuring blood pressure without equipment
    Blood Pressure Without Equipment

Just some interesting information
    What’s Your Type?
    O+ 1 in 3 37.4%
    A+ 1 in 3 35.7%
    B+ 1 in 12 8.5%
    AB+ 1 in 29 3.4%
    O- 1 in 15 6.6%
    A- 1 in 16 6.3%
    B- 1 in 67 1.5%
    AB- 1 in 167 .6%

Source: America’s Blood Centers
    Compatible Blood Types
    O- can receive O-
    O+ can receive O+, O-
    A- can receive A-, O-
    A+ can receive A+, A-, O+, O-
    B- can receive B-, O-
    B+ can receive B+, B-, O+, O-
    AB- can receive AB-, B-, A-, O-
    AB+ can receive AB+, AB-, B+, B-, A+, A-, O+, O-

Compatible Plasma Types
    O can receive O, A, B, AB
    A can receive A, AB
    B can receive B, AB
    AB can receive AB
    At one time, type O negative blood was considered the universal blood donor type. This implied that anyone — regardless of blood type — could receive type O negative blood without risking a transfusion reaction. However, we now know even type O negative blood may have antibodies that cause serious reactions during a transfusion

Mountainman and Yard Dart like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7